Menu
furface48
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How do you get a TV6 box?

What is the simple way to get a TV6 box?. Tried the phone , push this button, push that button end up going around in circles. .All I want is a HUMAN to talk to. Then after trying again got the engaged tone. Tried the CHAT want to know everything including my inside leg measurement. All I want to do is replace my Tivo box with a TV6 box. Plus CHAT is permanently busy now, All you need to now is Name, Address and Account Number. Same as in the Forces Name,Rank,Serial number anything else you don't need to know. I will willingly answer some of the other questions you ask but you will not like the answers.

Yours

Decrepit Old Serviceman

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do you get a TV6 box?

Hi it depends how much you want a V6, unfortunately you have to play the game with any call centres if you want results, if you get funny with them they will just hang up. Thats a bit silly after all your efforts of button pressing & queuing. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
furface48
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Managed to get hold of a human and was in formed that the new TV6 Box needs to be plugged into a router to work.

I have a splitter on the cable that comes into the house

My current Tivo box is downstairs and the cable is is plugged directly into it.

My current router is up stairs  with a cable plugged into it with my Desktop plugged into it.

Can I install another router downstairs to enable the TV6 box to work?

Will the system work with Two routers?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You would need to use something like Powerline to connect using a wired connection. This uses your home electrical wiring to extend the computer network.

The V6 box does also work via WiFi but this isn't a guaranteed connection method - although people have found it works without issue.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos