Menu
duster
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How do I connect a V6 tv box if I run a Hub3 in modem mode, and use a different router?

Hi, Ive gone over to a new net gear router and I'm running a Hub 3 in modem mode. Ive switched on my V6 tv box and I see there's 2 red lights lit up on the front of the V6 box. IE no internet access. If I use a Ethernet cable to connect the V6 TV box to the net gear router the 2 red lights go out and the box connects to the internet.

When the V6 box was connected to the Hub 3 no Ethernet cable was needed and it must of connected wirelessly to it. I would like to go wirelessly again with the V6 box but I cant find any settings in the menus to set it wirelessly. Please advise how I can make it wireless like it was with the Hub 3 please? Thanks

0 Kudos
Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I connect a V6 tv box if I run a Hub3 in modem mode, and use a different router?

Home - help and settings - settings - network - Change Network Settings. You can then choose your own network to connect to.

These are just my opinions. Feel free to completely ignore my advice. The above message may contain sarcasm (if you can't find it, you're not looking hard enough)
duster
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I connect a V6 tv box if I run a Hub3 in modem mode, and use a different router?

Hi, Thanks for reply. I don't seem to have  a " Change network settings". I only have "Connect to VM now" view network status" and "view network diagnostics". None of those options lead to "Change network settings". 

0 Kudos
Duncan1977
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

On my install earlier, it will try a couple of times to connect, then fail, and then a new option will come up 'additional options' or something like that, where you connect to Wi-Fi if you wish (I temporarily connected it to my Netgear router) - it isn't a problem Smiley Happy

Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

cool, I was just going by the user guide online. https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

These are just my opinions. Feel free to completely ignore my advice. The above message may contain sarcasm (if you can't find it, you're not looking hard enough)