Menu
kirk1690
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 52
Flag for a moderator

How Many Tuners ?

Whether its 12 or 6 or 3 or one **bleep** are all you people recording ??!!! Yeah I know people have shift work etc but their really isnt that much on british tv thats new and its all repeated five times a week anyway then theirs iplayer and catch up ,honestly **bleep** are you all taping ??.

ahh the ferguson videostar ,happy days .Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Re: How Many Tuners ?

Yeah, I hate those guys who put more functionality in our kit, boo to those guys......they suck

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Storing more stuff that they won't get around to watching any time soon (if ever) then complain about losing it with a box swap / box replacement when they'd likely never get around to watching 95% of the things they record, such is the way

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
jbsco
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 52
Flag for a moderator

I could be wrong isn't it three tuners. The idea could be on demand services will prove more important. I have to say 99% of what I watch is on demand
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 52
Flag for a moderator

jbsco wrote:
I could be wrong isn't it three tuners. The idea could be on demand services will prove more important. I have to say 99% of what I watch is on demand

Six tuners in the V6, on demand uses your broadband so as long as you are not in an underutilised area it should be good, I watched Planet Earth II on Monday @ 1080I and it was flawless with zero stuttering and the IPlayer app loaded in a couple of seconds

0 Kudos
jbsco
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Six tuners 😲 Faints! Gosh is this the Tesla of recorders!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 52
Flag for a moderator

.... and here's the proof - 6 programs recording tonight at 9pm:

image.png

jbsco
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 52
Flag for a moderator

There is simply enough television for 6 tuners. Now just to find the time!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 52
Flag for a moderator

jbsco wrote:

Just watched an episode of Luke Cage on netflix and netflix loaded in less than a second, the episode started with no buffering whatsoever and went directly to 1080, at the end of the show pressing exit took me instantly back to the tivo menu screen

jbsco
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 52
Flag for a moderator

That's good
0 Kudos