Menu
Tazz2017
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hooking up old TiVo to the v6 box

Is there way of hooking up the old tivo box to the new v6 box to work in tandem with each other

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hooking up old TiVo to the v6 box

Yes, simply connect your TiVo to the same home network as your V6 by either direct Ethernet cable or powerline adapters. Of course, the TiVo also needs to be connected to the co-ax and be active and paid for on your account.

miluddington
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

We've done just this so we can watch our backlog of programs . Costing £9 a month which we'll stop once we've watched all true older programs

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes, simply connect your TiVo to the same home network as your V6 by either direct Ethernet cable or powerline adapters. Of course, the TiVo also needs to be connected to the co-ax and be active and paid for on your account.

miluddington
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

We've done just this so we can watch our backlog of programs . Costing £9 a month which we'll stop once we've watched all true older programs

Dalune14
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've had a V6 box installed downstairs and a Tivo box upstairs, I've named them living room and bedroom and they are both connected to powerline adaptors. I still can't seem to get them connected no matter what I do, any ideas. One of the reasons I went for Virgin was to

Ernie_C wrote:

pause TV on one box and then watch it on another so it's doing my head in.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Do the TiVo both have addresses on your home network, 192.168.0.xx?

Can you see the TiVo's My Shows from the V6 and vice versa?

What happens when you try to continue watching a recording on the other box?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

PS You can't pause Live TV on one box and continue on the other.

0 Kudos
Dalune14
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I finally got the boxes to recognise each other and when I looked on the box downstairs I could see the programmes that had been recorded upstairs. Since then I can't see the content on each box and there is an error message saying there is a problem with the network or the boxes may not be plugged in (C423).

The boxes are definitely both plugged in the network is working OK because I have the homeplugs all around the house running Xbox one consoles and laptops.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Given you have advised you have other devices using up your powerline network, you may well be over committing this network by adding additional TiVo devices.

0 Kudos
Dalune14
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help, you could be right I will try and take the Xbox and laptop off the network and see what happens

0 Kudos