Menu
Telewest
Dialled in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Help with questions about getting New V6 ?

1) Is it right that Tuesday is when we can order over the phone for the V6 ?

2) Now that I have put my details on the site how long will it take to get an E-mail or Phone Call ?

3) Do VM ring back if they call or e-mail you details how to phone back ?

4) Can I re-contract when ordering the V6?

5) Can I order two V6 at this time ?

6) Will the V6 be posted out to customers for self fix or do VM need to fix the V6 in our homes ?

7) Will any orders taken be in our homes before Christmas ?

8) Can we upgrade to the Tele laptop at anytime ?

9) Is there a limit to number of TV boxes in a home with a V6 as I have 3 TiVo boxes now and would like upgrade to 2 x V6 with keeping one older TiVo ?

10)  Does the V6 use its own Internet link or does it use the broadband in our homes ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help with questions about getting New V6 ?

Telewest wrote:

1) Is it right that Tuesday is when we can order over the phone for the V6 ?

Nobody knows when the ordering will go live

2) Now that I have put my details on the site how long will it take to get an E-mail or Phone Call ?

Nobody has an email or phone call as of yet

3) Do VM ring back if they call or e-mail you details how to phone back ?

ATM they are ringing selected customers with a free upgrade offer, what will happen when the when the ordering goes live is anybody's guess

4) Can I re-contract when ordering the V6?

Nobody knows

5) Can I order two V6 at this time ?

Probably

6) Will the V6 be posted out to customers for self fix or do VM need to fix the V6 in our homes ?

ATM is engineer only install and you need a lan connection to each box

7) Will any orders taken be in our homes before Christmas ?

Nobody knows

8) Can we upgrade to the Tele laptop at anytime ?

Nobody Knows but probably

9) Is there a limit to number of TV boxes in a home with a V6 as I have 3 TiVo boxes now and would like upgrade to 2 x V6 with keeping one older TiVo ?

I think four boxes is the limit

10)  Does the V6 use its own Internet link or does it use the broadband in our homes ?

It uses your home broadband, I believe you need a 100 meg connection

0 Kudos
Telewest
Dialled in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply to my questions
They have given me some more to ask.
1) if the V6 is going to be using a Cat cable to our hubs then are they going to need to make different lengths of them on the day as we all have TV boxes in different places around the house and the hub are too ?

2) What if we are using all the hubs network ports in our homes now ..how are they going fit the V6 boxes in then ?

3) What setting are VM going to do to our Internet bandwidth to allow us not to loose out with the boxes sharing the hub ?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Telewest wrote:
Thanks for the reply to my questions
They have given me some more to ask.
1) if the V6 is going to be using a Cat cable to our hubs then are they going to need to make different lengths of them on the day as we all have TV boxes in different places around the house and the hub are too ?
Powerline adaptors 
2) What if we are using all the hubs network ports in our homes now ..how are they going fit the V6 boxes in then ?
WiFi probably
3) What setting are VM going to do to our Internet bandwidth to allow us not to loose out with the boxes sharing the hub ?

None as far as I know

mitch84
Superfast
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Will we be able to use our own routers to connect the V6 to the internet if we have the super hub in modem mode, be it via wifi or ethernet?

Has there been any info on any monthly fee for the box, currently its £5.99 for the tivo? I personally think monthly fees for a cable box is a joke as it stands.
0 Kudos
Telewest
Dialled in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The monthly price for V6 is the same as you are paying for any TiVo box 500 or 1TB ....
BT has no monthly payment for their 4K box and Sky charge £12 for the Sky Q and a Sky Q mini.

As for hubs set up as a modern sorry I do not know. ...

VM has made the changes to how the Tivo use the Internet link to save on their own cable bandwidth as the V6 now putting in six channels at the same time which is bandwidth. ... I feel that VM should drop box price monthly due to using our services or drop broadband packages to be fair. .
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

mitch84 wrote:
Hi

Will we be able to use our own routers to connect the V6 to the internet if we have the super hub in modem mode, be it via wifi or ethernet?

Has there been any info on any monthly fee for the box, currently its £5.99 for the tivo? I personally think monthly fees for a cable box is a joke as it stands.

You can use your own router, I'm currently using my as us router and it works fine

0 Kudos
reaper0374
Dialled in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

dannylau wrote:

mitch84 wrote:
Hi

You can use your own router, I'm currently using my as us router and it works fine

Can you confirm, does this have to be a wired connection to your own router, or does the V6 box have built in wifi capability?

My TiVo and Hub are in completely different places, and not really wanting to have to run in a CAT5/6 cable if I don't have to. I appreciate you could use homeplugs, but have to say I'm not really a fan of them.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

it has wifi

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Telewest wrote:
The monthly price for V6 is the same as you are paying for any TiVo box 500 or 1TB ....
BT has no monthly payment for their 4K box and Sky charge £12 for the Sky Q and a Sky Q mini.

As for hubs set up as a modern sorry I do not know. ...

VM has made the changes to how the Tivo use the Internet link to save on their own cable bandwidth as the V6 now putting in six channels at the same time which is bandwidth. ... I feel that VM should drop box price monthly due to using our services or drop broadband packages to be fair. .

The channels you view don't use bandwidth, it's only on demand and netflix

0 Kudos