Menu
spaglemon
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Help re playback

Just recently moved from sky to virgin and trying to get used to the different interface, could someone please tell me why when I'm watching a recording or an on demand programme and I stop and later go back to it the programme starts from the beginning and not from where I last viewed it ? Can this be changed with a setting ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help re playback

Not that I am aware of.. you can pause it but not resume where you left off if you come out of the program completely.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You can resume a recording where you left off, including via multiroom streaming on a TV connected to a different TiVo or V6.

On Demand programs, AFAIK, cannot be resumed at the same point.

fixerman
Superfast
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

spaglemon wrote:

Just recently moved from sky to virgin and trying to get used to the different interface, could someone please tell me why when I'm watching a recording or an on demand programme and I stop and later go back to it the programme starts from the beginning and not from where I last viewed it ? Can this be changed with a setting ?

Thanks

Perhaps you are being confused due to the resume button being adjacent to the "from the begining" option. If you just select resume it will play from the last viewed location. It's only if you select "from the beginning" that it goes back to the start of the programme.

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There is no resume for on demand programs

0 Kudos
shawty1984
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I thought you could resume on demand. I'm sure I've seen some thing from VM which states you can.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've been able to resume some on demand programs and not others, I think it depends on if the demand program is in  a series link or something... I must check sometime

Also you can tell if your part way through a recorded program as it will have a progress bar next to it in the recording listings

0 Kudos
jonandmarkuk
Superfast
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm sure I have been able to resume On Demand content before.
Maybe it can only be resumed within a certain time-frame of re-watching?
0 Kudos