Menu
reaper0374
Dialled in
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Help Registering for Tivo V6

Hi there.

Wondering if similar to other posts I've read, could some kind person from VM help ensure that I am registered for the new V6 box?

I have tried for weeks to register my interest, and like many others, the website simply won't accept my particular address / postcode combination. I've tried all the usual postcode spacings etc., but I think the problem actually lies with my house number being "12A". If I drop the "A", then it happily goes through, but obviously that isn't quite correct.

I spoke to both online chat and telephone CS this morning, but neither could confirm if my registration was successful, or indeed could even manually just add it for me.

Anybody help at all?

Thanks in advance. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Help Registering for Tivo V6

Hi gordy66, 

The information from the Community will more than likely be delivered via the Community in this thread here: V6 Box

We'll also announce it on our Facebook and Twitter pages. 

I'm also here full time so you'll more than likely see lots of posts from me regarding it Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It would certainly be worth calling this in as a fault, if you haven't already done so, as it may be down to a signal or other network issue.

All Replies
gordy66
Up to speed
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Ask Kath F i think she has put a few people through manually who were having trouble registering, but any superuser should be able to help.
reaper0374
Dialled in
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated. Smiley Happy

Not sure what this forum runs on software-wise, is there any way to tag Kath_F to bring my post to her attention?

Usually use the likes of @Kath_F on vbulletin etc. but not sure if that works on here.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi reaper0374

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you were having an issue registering your interest for the V6 box. 

I've gone ahead and added you manually now so no need to worry. Your interest has been noted. 

Something tells me there will be an announcement on the V6 box for existing customers this week Smiley Wink Keep your eyes peeled. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

gordy66
Up to speed
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Kath how will this information be delivered, by email or by just checking on the website.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi gordy66, 

The information from the Community will more than likely be delivered via the Community in this thread here: V6 Box

We'll also announce it on our Facebook and Twitter pages. 

I'm also here full time so you'll more than likely see lots of posts from me regarding it Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

reaper0374
Dialled in
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

Hi reaper0374

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you were having an issue registering your interest for the V6 box. 

I've gone ahead and added you manually now so no need to worry. Your interest has been noted. 

Something tells me there will be an announcement on the V6 box for existing customers this week Smiley Wink Keep your eyes peeled. 

Thanks,

Thanks very much for doing that for me, much appreciated. Smiley Happy

Will be keeping my eye out for any news this week. I can't cope with the current TiVo for much longer, it's soooooo slow!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator

reaper0374 wrote:

Kath_F wrote:

Hi reaper0374

Thanks,

Will be keeping my eye out for any news this week. I can't cope with the current TiVo for much longer, it's soooooo slow!!

Has your current TiVo had the RC24 software update yet?  If so, and you are still experiencing slow performance then call it in as a fault.

reaper0374
Dialled in
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Graham_A wrote:

reaper0374 wrote:

Kath_F wrote:

Hi reaper0374

Thanks,

Has your current TiVo had the RC24 software update yet?  If so, and you are still experiencing slow performance then call it in as a fault.

I believe it has, yes. I've just checked the software version, and it certainly has "RC24" contained in the version number.

I've only been with Virgin since April this year, and to be honest the Tivo box has been utterly abysmal since day one. Completely ruined our introduction to the world of Virgin. Coming from Sky, I was genuinely surprised at how slow and clunky the TiVo was in comparison. My wife and I have grown to hate it with a passion, and I'd almost question it even being "fit for purpose".

I'm willing to give the new V6 box a chance to see if it helps, but failing that, I'll be seriously considering my options at the end of my inital contract. Unfortunately I can't get fibre via any other means though, as we are on an "exchange only" BT line.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It would certainly be worth calling this in as a fault, if you haven't already done so, as it may be down to a signal or other network issue.