Menu
TommyBoy79
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have I been mis-sold to?

Just joined Virgin today and was advised I would get a V6 installed with VIP package on 30th of December (as the V6 is being installed as default on new connections) but looking on this forum (initially for help setting up MyVirgin as it does not recognise the details i was given i.e. account number and area) I see that a few users have been advised that this is not the case and existing customers are having to wait until Feb before they will get it.

I also received a free TV offer but was advised this is not available on new VIP install at £85 per month, I'm starting to think i may have been had a bit here, is anyone else in a similar situation?

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have I been mis-sold to?

Who told you that you would get a v6?
0 Kudos
TommyBoy79
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The telesales advisor when i called about free TV deal.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Buyer beware
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi TommyBoy79,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry that you were told that you could sign up immediately with a V6 box installation. That is not correct.

Currently, the V6 box, which was released on the 6th of December, is only available to our current customers at this time.

It will be made available to all new customers in the future. If you have signed up with Virgin Media and are having a TiVo® installation, please make sure to visit this link: keepup.virginmedia.com/befirst to register your interest in upgrading to the V6 box.

Apologies that this information was not given to you in the first instance and for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Surely the post above from Terri_P is misleading.

Instead of :-

It will be made available to all new customers in the future. If you have signed up with Virgin Media and are having a TiVo® installation, please make sure to visit this link: keepup.virginmedia.com/befirst to register your interest in upgrading to the V6 box.

Surely it should say :-

It will be made available to all new customers in the future. If you have signed up with Virgin Media and are having a TiVo® installation, please make sure to visit this link: keepup.virginmedia.com/befirst to register your interest to pay to upgrade to the V6 box.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos