Menu
Strangeland16
Up to speed
Message 1 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Has ordering started? How much

Few people on the cableforum have ordered theres.whats not clear is if they are having 2 x boxes . Some saying they got both for £49.99 each and others saying the second price is full price not discounted. Also there is a £14.99 activation charge. Now if we could just find out if the 2nd box is at a reduced price I would get ordered
0 Kudos
reaper0374
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: Has ordering started? How much

Activation charge for existing customers, seriously? That's taking the mick more than a tad surely?

Have these people ordered over the phone today?
0 Kudos
Strangeland16
Up to speed
Message 3 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Just trying to find that out but think so yes
dq1967
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Couple of calls to the landline yesterday (Monday) when I was at work, which my better half answered. They said they would phone my mobile but didn't.....but then when a different person phoned the landline again, my wife got the following offer from them which she accepted. We currently have 2 Tivo's and one VHD box. They will supply the V6 to replace the living room Tivo, move that to relace the VHD box in the bedroom and leave my daughter's Tivo untouched. All this for no installation fee or subscription change. Installation on Jan 3rd. Going to ring them today, cause I'm working that day, but will be interested to confirm the lack of upfront charge. I'm on Full House TV 150MB and weekend calls package, and have been a cable customer for 20 years.

0 Kudos
reaper0374
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Actually cannot believe this.

Called this morning, and yes, I could indeed order a new box.

Then they proceed to tell me that as I'm within my initial contract, and receiving a discount deal/package, I'd lose that discount if I change to the new box and my bill would go up by £11 a month.

Seriously!!

I told him I was wanting to change as the current TiVo box is barely fit for purpose, and there was absolutely no way I was accepting that. They couldn't have cared less to be honest, and just said to have a think and get back to them.

Hugely disappointed, what a joke.
Strangeland16
Up to speed
Message 6 of 31
Flag for a moderator

To be honest I think I'm going to wait till one of the virgin guys post and say we can order. Usual thing most people not knowing the facts at call centre
0 Kudos
LdGallifryan
Dialled in
Message 7 of 31
Flag for a moderator

I just rung them up to Upgrade My Dual TiVo's to V6's... 

I am on Vivid 200 (Gamer), Full House XL(TV), XXL Phone.

I was told on the 18th of November (the date I renewed the contract and got them to replace my V Box with a TiVo upstairs..)

That to call Virgin Media (150) to go to the menu for upgrades questions option, to ask about the V6 Box as I am eligible to upgrade BOTH TiVo's for Just (£14.99) No Installation Charge, as I have got the Full Packages to the Highest Tier and that I renewed my contract so soon.

So I called on the 1st of December and went through to Upgrades Questions option on (150) and was told that again that all I would pay is (14.99) no Installation charge.. Call back on the 4th.

Called on the 4th December, was told the same thing and I got clarification via asking for there Manager Or Supervisor, again was told only be charged for (14.99) includes 2 V6's to replace my 2 TiVo boxes, call on the 6th of December when the lines are ready to order the V6.

So Today (6th December), I called (150) went to Upgrade Questions option.. I was told that they will charge me £154.. For Installations and Activation to swap out the Boxes and this will add another £2.50 to your total bill of £98.20 a month so £100.70 a month..

I told her that I was told a few times I would only be charged (£14.99) Activation as we renewed the contract and was promised that I would be Eligible for these boxes to be changed free of charge. She was very adamant that I would have to pay a upfront fee of £154 ..

Obviously I told her to go jump and put me through to retentions. They told me they can't help me as they don't have any information and that it was a lie..

I think I will leave virgin media as they clearer upsaled this V6 and my contract.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, 

Thanks for your posts. 

The great news is that from Tomorrow you can order the box online via My Virgin Media. Or if you really can't wait that extra day, give us a call today on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and we can take your order over the phone Smiley Happy 

Current pricing is £99.95 for your first V6 box plus £14.99 activation fee. This is reduced to £49.95 for the V6 box if you're on the Full house or VIP bundle. 

If you wanted a second V6 box then this will be £49.95 plus £14.99 activation fee. 

If you have a special loyalty discount on the account, there is the possibility it may be removed so double check what you're currently getting by viewing your bill within My Virgin Media. 

Let us know what you decide to do Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jgordon99
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 31
Flag for a moderator

@Kath_F what about new customer discount? I guess loyalty is for customers who were tempted to leave.
0 Kudos
cloggs123
Tuning in
Message 10 of 31
Flag for a moderator

This is taking far too long now, I insist that Tom Mockridge personally ring me up to arrange my v6 box. Anything less would be poor customer service