Menu
tedl
Settling in
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD channel defaults for guide

Hi Irene,

I read your post as I am also surprised that this is not possible. I am also surprised at the poor attitudes of the other two posters. They seem to take any criticism about Virgin as a personal insult.

I believe that this issue is an omission by Virgin that could easily be corrected by a software update. I have just moved from SKY and I am surprised that there is no simple default setting for HD channels.

I hope that you get better treatment in the forums in future! 

Irenec
Tuning in
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your support Ted, good luck in this forum, I won't be posting again but felt I had to reply to your post .
Thanks
Irene
0 Kudos
boomish69
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

That’s not a helpful reply is it Ernie, Irenec’s post was polite and simply said in their opinion, this is exactly what a forum is for and they are saying this is in incorrect because they feel this will be a popular opinion and desire by many people that don’t want to press three numbers every time they want to look at the guide. They did not say everyone else was simply Virgin are missing a trick.

I come from an era having to get up and switch the TV to one of three channels but that doesn’t mean I still want to, I also found this thread because I’m searching for a way to change the HD option as default ! This verify’s the post is possibly a popular question by many Virgin box owners, how many have some kind of HD screen now, I would say the majority of home owners!

Lets be a bit more harmonious and less quick to criticise others.

0 Kudos
boomish69
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

Irenec wrote:
Oh very sorry to you both, I thought this was a forum to ask questions and give opinions, obviously this is only the case if they are the same opinions as your own.

Exactly, it is a forum for giving one's opinion and, in return, others will respond with their own opinions.

It would appear that you are the one who cannot tolerate anyone disagreeing with your views.

The poster did not say they could or couldn’t tolerate some disagreements, just that they believe this to be a popular desire of many users, which I    agree would be nice to have and hence how I found this thread after a search, if you cannot  add anything positive then don’t bother posting, you just put people off from asking questions.. Happy Christmas everyone..Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
mark_a_carpente
Tuning in
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Nice to see there are still people being un-helpful on here then just because something "doesn't bother them"

Personally I think it would be useful if the TV guide and the mini guide remembered whatever setting you wanted. I would like them to stay set on my favourite channels until I change it or if you wanted HD channels only or sports etc etc. Can't imagine it would be all that hard to change something in a software update so it stayed where you set it. Also it's annoying that the TV guide will stay on HD or favourites after pressing the blue button until you change channels then it goes back to normal

Just my thoughts, being constructive, making it better, not just being argumentative or whatever for the sake of it like some

0 Kudos