Menu
phillevy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Frustrating V6 order service

Yesterday I placed an order for a V6 upgrade online and was given 2 possible time slots for this Saturday so I put both down. My confirmation email said that if anything changed I would be told and given the chance to rearrange to something convenient for me. I just got another email completely disregarding the previous one saying they are coming on a Thursday in February. There is no option to rearrange, and if I log in the track my order it says no information can be given. What is the point of an online order process that is totally useless? Unless anyone can help me here, I will now have to endure calling tonight, which totally makes the online facility a waste of time.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Frustrating V6 order service

The online facility, at present, isn't really geared up for V6 attended installations as they have to be booked as a double slot. Frustratingly it is likely to have to be a call.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
phillevy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I can see that now. Such a waste of time and presumptuous to tell me a date rather than simply ask me to re-arrange it. Just causes avoidable bad feeling.

0 Kudos
kitenski
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just had a very similiar experience, did a call help? I was offered an install this week which I accepted, then the confirmation email came back today saying March!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi phillevy, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you're unhappy with the way the ordering system works. 

Once you've booked your order we do book you in for the next available appointment if the one you originally selected isn't available. 

I can see from your account we've been able to bring the appointment forward. Let us know how the install goes and if you need anything else you know where I am Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
nbaker
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Similar problem here except my installation date was 14th Jan and I have not received the 2nd email confirming this so I contacted VM via the chat now option on the web site.  apparently my order hadn't gone through despite me having an order number and 2 installation dates Smiley Sad 

Anyway the nice person on the chat sorted me out and managed to ugraded my internet speed to Vivid 200 and got my monthly payment down so happy in the end except having to wait till Feb 11th for my V6 installation which should of been yesterday :/

0 Kudos
phillevy
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

After calling to discuss the newly issued contract, I was offered an install on Sunday so if this goes to plan all will be good.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi nbaker, 

Thanks for your post. 

I have already replied to your thread here: Confirmation?

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at my reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos