Menu
Thescouselander
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Frequent Crashing

We're into the second week of TV6 now and the constant need to restart is getting a bit tiresome. It seems ever day something else goes wrong - today the picture started flashing and showing noise at the bottom of the screen. At first I thought the HDMI cable had come unseated but it hadn't - a restart sorted the problem out. Apart from that we've had a lot of freezing when watching YouTube and Netflix.

How often are software updates coming out for this box? Seems there is a lot of work still to do.
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Frequent Crashing

You may need to ring for an engineer. You may have a faulty box or a signal,issue. Possibly both. 

How have you connected to the router? If by powerline or wifi the problem may be there.

0 Kudos
Thescouselander
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Everything seems ok connection wise. The box is just cabled directly into the router and the signal strength reads 100% on the diagnostics screen. It can be fine for a few days and then fall over. I'm pretty sure it's just a software issue.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thescouselander wrote:
Everything seems ok connection wise. The box is just cabled directly into the router and the signal strength reads 100% on the diagnostics screen. It can be fine for a few days and then fall over. I'm pretty sure it's just a software issue.

The problem with that diagnosis is that there would be plenty of other similar reports. 

While there may be software issues to be resolved, it is probably more likely that you are having specific issues that need to be investigated and, as stated above, you need to call VM to get someone to have a look at your set-up.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thescouselander

I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your TV service recently, I've not been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end for you unfortunately.

So I can do that, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thescouselander, 

Thanks for your post and I've been able to locate your account now so no need to reply to Craig's private message Smiley Happy 

Frequent crashing isn't a known bug and we need to look in to this for you. 

As you're connecting up via the ethernet cable, try switching the port it's in to ensure a great connection. Even though it may say 100%, it may not be so worth trying what we can Smiley Happy

The HDMI cable, is this running thorugh any 3rd party equipment or are your connecting from the V6 to the TV? 

What make and model TV are you using? 

Is this cable of showing 4K content?

Do you get this issue when watching Live TV, On Demand and Catch up or both? 

Come back and let me know Smiley Happy 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos