Menu
jezbrett
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Free Virgin V6 Box from Virgin Red

Hi

I received an email from Virgin Red telling me they were going to give me a free V6 box for being such a great customer!  All I had to do was click on the tile in Virgin Red to request the free box.  I did this, last week, and as yet have had no correspondence relating to this, so I just wondered if someone from Virgin could check as to the progress of my request?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
HavencroftKev
Up to speed
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free Virgin V6 Box from Virgin Red

Sounds like a con to me, if you get a free box I want my £65 back.

0 Kudos
ezy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

i accepted the app offer thursday, got the email today... expecting a phonecall over next 2 weeks to arrange delivery/install
0 Kudos
fitzy65
Settling in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

got my email from virgin and they will arrange a date for my installation next week

no con

0 Kudos
mazz3101
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm just waiting to receive me email confirming installation but can you tell me is there definately no fee either for installation or monthly? Seems too good to be true!!

0 Kudos
crapday
Up to speed
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I don't think there should ever be a charge for Virgins boxes. My reason, you hire them. If I hire a bike for say £10 a day, I don't expect to pay an upfront cost as well. The only cost associated should be postage if you get one sent out, or even charge if the engineer needs to come and fit it. 

0 Kudos
ezy
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

so you think someone who chooses a basic box should pay the same as someone who chooses a more sophisticated box?

so clearly the price of someones bundle would be different.   or you have the same bundle cost and charge a surcharge for the better box.

but what about brand new sophisticated boxes?  vm can't give them to everyone at once, so who gets the new ones earlier?  so an "early adopter" jump the wait charge seems fair doesnt it?

unless you think it is a good idea vm have different costs so that people who are not too bothered about a basic box or a sophisticated box do not have to pay for a more expensive box because it has to be a standard better box and everyone has to pay for it.

so when you think it through... do you see why vm rent their boxes and they dont charge as much for some boxes?    it seems fair. 

0 Kudos
crapday
Up to speed
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

well I had to pay an extra £3.50 or something for my Tivo box, so yes if you have a basic box, the hire should be cheaper. If I hire a mini it will be cheaper than hiring a BMW, or do you think they should cost the same?

0 Kudos
Flying_Floydian
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I got this email too a couple of weeks ago. Then another yesterday telling me it had all being an administrative error and I wasn't getting a free box after all.

0 Kudos