Menu
Alamo49
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Free V6 upgrade for Sky Sports HD

I have received the offer to upgrade an older box to a V6 because of changes to Sky Sports HD and have tried to log on to virginmedia.com/V6upgrade as per the letter I received but cannot find the link.  Has anybody else had this problem?

DaveVL
Joining in
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free V6 upgrade for Sky Sports HD

Yes so I rang them up and they wanted £20 so I logged into my account and did a live chat and he said I had to pay £20 as the free offer was only online, and told me to try again tomorrow. Thanks but no help

0 Kudos
Tom305
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have been trying most of this afternoon and continue to get "our system does not recognise your details" - or words to that effect. I had an online chat with a VM representative but all they could tell me was to await another email/letter.

0 Kudos
Marjorie1
Joining in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I also had this letter but no luck with getting onto the site to do anything. I phoned and the asked for £20 plus £5 a month, but couldn't tell me what that was for! 

The letter states absolutely free of charge! 

0 Kudos
Alamo49
Joining in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.  Its a pity when they do something that seems like a generous offer they don't get themselves organised when customers respond to it.

0 Kudos
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

As this is a relatively new policy, I would imagine some staff are simply not aware of the free box swap in this scenario. My advice would be to ring up and use the "thinking of leaving us" option for the Customer Services team who should be able to get this sorted for you. To be clear, there are absolutely no charges whatsoever as it's not an upgrade requested by the customer, it's a mandatory replacement of equipment to continue to receive all the channels you subscribe to.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
emma30
Tuning in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I managed to upgrade (free of charge) using this link 

https://keepup.virginmedia.com/v6upgrade/index

Hope this helps

danie1991
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for information

0 Kudos
Alamo49
Joining in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the info.  I have just done so too.  

0 Kudos
pppal
Joining in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi every one ,Right regarding the v6 Free upgrade for Sky Sports HD - what i did was i logged in to Google as it's my search engine but didn't enter the : Viriginmedia.com/v6upgrage in the box that you would normally use what you have to do is go up your screen and slightly to your left in that area it might say some thing like [ http://www.google.co.uk]  you to click on this to for it to go blue then erase it , then enter your details off the letter that virigin media sent you :ie: - virginmedia.com/v6upgrade -: then press on the word asking you to view, this is what i did and it took me directly to the page where upon i am now going to recieve a FREE  v6 upgrade.Hope this has help you and anyone else who's having difficulty in finding the right page to be on.

0 Kudos