Menu
halcyondays
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Finally have Netflix running but now it stutters

So i finally got Netflix running on my V6 with me just using my SH2 as my router(i didn't have a 3rd party router) using the websafe temp fix which isn't ideal but atleast it got Netflix running....I was happy until i started watching content...I get micro stutters every few seconds.

Some are big, if i am outputting just 2160p it is unwatchable...if i pass through it is watchable but there is still a noticeable pause every 6 or 7 seconds. 

I tested just outputting 1080p and 1080p passthrough and low and behold a slight pause but smaller than the 4k ones.

I have tried turning my own motion control settings on and off on my TV(Samsung 55 KS8000) and it still happens, i'm losing patients with this thing now. 

I have no microstutter while watching most TV channels since moving from the Tivo to the V6 but this is just frustrating.

Anyone else have these issues?

I have tested my internet and it is working fine

0 Kudos
Daveglasgow70
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Finally have Netflix running but now it stutters

I'm having the exact same issues on my V6. Stutters when streaming HD and even worse on UHD. This is on iPlayer demo and Netflix 2160 / 1080. These stream fine on my Samsung KS8000 49" native apps. However, V6 is meant to pull all content together but unusable for streaming due to this. Is the internal processing speed of the V6 not up to task. Box has also crashes several since install less than a week ago.

halcyondays
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Totally agree. what's the point of pulling it all together when we still cannot use it.
Like I said the old tivo Netflix worked but was so slow...but at least it worked.
0 Kudos
halcyondays
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I think the processor is up to the task but there are a few bugs. mine hasn't crashed though
0 Kudos
Daveglasgow70
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've tried changing the quality setting on the video output in the TiVo settings and seems to have improved things.  Instead of just enabling 2160p. Ive enabled all the settings including passthrough ones. This should mean that the TV upscale rather than TiVo. Let me know how you get on? Check the screenshot out here http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?p=35872115 

0 Kudos
halcyondays
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I already have my tv upscaling as it is better than the upscaling in the tivo.
but still get a stutter.
0 Kudos
Daveglasgow70
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ok, worked for me. My TVs also upscale automatically but think the TiVo was also trying to do it.

0 Kudos
halcyondays
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cheers mate.

I'll have a play about with different combinations.
Just wish I didn't have to. I can pretty much eliminate it but I get a very small stutter and unless I blink at the same time I see it haha.
come back here if you find anymore info on it or it starts again.
0 Kudos
Daveglasgow70
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Will do. I was still getting a stutter on iPlayer demo. But that's beta ;-/

0 Kudos
halcyondays
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

yeah. iplayer 4k demo im not worrying about at the mo. like you say it's in beta.
0 Kudos