Menu
Andy-C
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Faulty TiVo swap out to a V6, no joy.

I've just had my box swapped out due to a faulty hard drive meaning all my recordings were unwatchable. When I called faults earlier in the week I asked about the V6 and was told it can't be done. The engineer that came today said he had V6 boxes in the van but hadn't had a job yet. He echoed what's been said here that they're only going to select new customers as part of a pilot.

It seems a bit pointless and slightly gutting when he had them yet I'm going to loose all my recordings yet again when I can get the V6 hopefully in a month or two. Fair enough if I wasn't interested, but...

A.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Full House TV (XL + Movies & Sport) + TiVo 1TB, VIVID 200 Broadband, Talk More International Anytime Phone.
Joined CableTel back in 1996.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty TiVo swap out to a V6, no joy.

Whether you are a new or existing customer (& existing customers are getting them), you won't get a V6 unless you take a package upgrade. Fault replacements will always be like for like.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Andy-C
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That's one thing I can't do, I've already got XL TV with Movies & Sport + VIVID 200 broadband.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Full House TV (XL + Movies & Sport) + TiVo 1TB, VIVID 200 Broadband, Talk More International Anytime Phone.
Joined CableTel back in 1996.
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:

Whether you are a new or existing customer (& existing customers are getting them), you won't get a V6 unless you take a package upgrade. Fault replacements will always be like for like.

Similar to Andy-C, how do we upgrade our package as I am already maxed out and can't go any higher?

Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

From my understanding, people that have shown an interest but are keeping their existing package are getting the new box for an increase in subs. Customers that renegotiate to one of the latest bundles may get a V6 installed. The same goes for new customers. So in short its a lottery as to whether you get one unless you go for the deliberate swap as first mentioned above.

There are in excess of 3 million TiVO boxes currently in customers homes, plus about another 1 million V+ boxes. A mass changeover to V6 is not going to happen for a long while (if VM choose to go down Sky's "one box for all" route). Remember, the box hasn't even officially launched yet.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile