Menu
omega63
Dialled in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Faultless V6 install

I thought I would post a positive post. I would like to thank the Engineer who has just installed my V6 everything is fine all my series links etc. copied over. All working as it should do.

Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faultless V6 install

I hope I am as lucky.. waiting on the engineer now. They should have been here 1 - 6 he just rang to say he is held up, will still be at current job for an hour or more, then he has at least a 30 min drive Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
s9750
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Mine was likewise. 2 boxes fitted and connected and all series links etc transferred over. My install was Wednesday and very happy, hopefully for a long time.

0 Kudos
Stratman1971
Up to speed
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Very happy with my install.

I love the speed of the box over the Tivo.

I have just arranged for the second Tivo to be replaced on the 13th.

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The poor engineer has not long left my place he didn't get here til just before 8pm (now 9 pm) so a long day for him.

Joy of Joys though *touch wood* everything seems to be fine. Installed 2 V6s and moved one of the 1TB tivos to spare room (wanted to keep that one for all the recordings on it).

Everything seems great Smiley Happy ultra fast.. I can see the other boxes. Main is ethernet to Hub, 2nd V6 is ethernet to wifi extender and the tivo is ethernet to a powerline. The engineer seemed amused that I wanted everything connected by ethernet rather than wifi lol.

If a Virgin person would like to send on my appreciation for the engineer being so helpful, I would appreciate it Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I suspect that this varies area to area.

The engineers responsible for my V6 install, one a trainee I suspect, were extremely helpful and efficient.

I had a major issue last year, well-documented on these forums, and had a host of engineers round over a period of several months. Every single one was helpful and professional.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I was talking to the engineer and he said it hasn't stopped since they released V6.. he didn't have a single day off in January and most days were like yesterday for him - not finishing the last job until about 9 pm. Poor guy. He did everything by the book though, didn't try to leave before everything was set up and working.
0 Kudos
robkat
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Had V6 fitted yesterday, engineer was 1st class. All working before he left, even tho it was Friday evening.

0 Kudos
kirk1690
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

same here ,3 x v6 boxes perfectly installed and working perfectly too.
0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's good to get so many positive reports Smiley Happy

0 Kudos