Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5 (368 Views)

Failed Tivo V6 Install !

Hi

Had a "failed" Tivo V6 install today ... v frustrating ! I am using the super hub (v2) in modem only mode and using my own router (Draytek). Initial download of the software during setup failed several times ,,,, tried wired and wireless connections from the Tivo. I could see from the router that it had picked up a dhcp address and there was a small amount of data flowing to/from the Tivo V6 but the download never completed. Had to go back to the old Tivo and now wait for another engineer visit .... probably in around 6 weeks time ! I guess if I put the SH back into normal mode this might work BUT I need to use my router (for vpn purposes) so am concerned that if I revert back to modem mode/own router that this will break some of the functionality of the V6.

Anyone any ideas  why this didn't work with my router.

TIA

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5 (295 Views)

Re: Failed Tivo V6 Install !

Hi MikeDavies,

I would perhaps setup the SH as modem/router mode and then disable the wi-fi on it then attach the V6 box to an Ethernet port on the router, this should allow the V6 box to connect without issues, i believe Virgin have security built in that the V6 will only connect via a SH perhaps but only speculating on that.

There are settings on the SH 3.0 that should enable VPn to work, my workplace use Cisco Anyconnect & checkpoint clients for VPN connections and i have advised a few people in the office to configure their SH 3.0 as per below and they have been able to VPN in fine.

On the Hub 3.0 router, under Advanced Settings-->Security-->Firewall, you'll have the 4 below options. 

- IPv4 firewall protection
- Block fragmented IP packets
- Port scan detection
- IP flood detection

Ensure that only "IPV4 Firewall Protection" is enabled and then reboot the SH.

Work a shot?

Hope this helps!

Rising star
Message 3 of 5 (271 Views)

The V6 does not have to be connected to a SuperHub2/Hub3 and does not use any special security on the hub. Mine was installed, wired, to my AirPort Extreme with my Hub3 in modem mode.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5 (268 Views)

My V6 is connected via a Draytek to an Sh3 in modem mode and I haven't had a any problem with updates etc. (apart from an issue with DNS and dual wan that no one else is likely to have).

This is connected using a wired connection, actually through another router that is used also used as a wireless access point...

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5 (30 Views)

This worked - thank you so much. Been sitting here for hours scratching my head!

On the Hub 3.0 router, under Advanced Settings-->Security-->Firewall, you'll have the 4 below options. 
- IPv4 firewall protection
- Block fragmented IP packets
- Port scan detection
- IP flood detection
Ensure that only "IPV4 Firewall Protection" is enabled and then reboot the SH.

0 Kudos