Menu
partitura
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Existing customer getting a Tivo swapped for a V6

I would like to ask what other's experience has been. I asked in a Virgin Media store about the possibility of having my existing Tivo box swapped for a V6 and what that would mean for my contract and for my charges. I was advised then that there would be a one-off installation/activation cost but there would be no change to my contract terms or charges. So I went home and booked the upgrade online on that basis.

Virgin have subsequently emailed and scheduled the engineer to come at a time which is different from both the options they asked me to specify and also increased the price of my monthly bill (not by much only 3p but the principle remains) and then this evening sent me a new contract to sign for  brand new 12 month contract for all my services and not just TV. On phoning 150 I was told that this was take it or leave it. I have to pay the increased amount and agree to a new contract. So I told them to cancel the engineer and leave it.   Is this really the experience of others who have been through this process and have people committed to new 12 month contracts for all services at a higher price?

I am now considering cancellation of all my services, since VM don't seem capable of doing anything right.

0 Kudos
Marni1971
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Existing customer getting a Tivo swapped for a V6

I did the online booking which got lost in the system (like others it seems)

So I rang. One off £65 cost. Fitted when I asked for it. 

Perhaps it's due to my length of service or something but I was upped from 150 to 200 meg and got £6 a month off. Signed for a new 12 contract since I was out anyway. Happy. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi partitura, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with coming to an agreed upgrade option regarding the V6 box. 

If you had any sort of discount on your account, upgrading to the V6 would remove this discount. On occasions we're able to replace it with another however sometimes we just can't make it match. 

It's always best to give the team a call when looking to upgrade so we can really do our best for you. 

Give the team another try on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Come back and let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
partitura
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I had no discounts on my account. I did phone them up and they arranged a self-install and a box was sent out. However, I am now in Yodel hell, as they of course attempted to deliver when I was at work. Hopefully, Yodel will redeliver this weekend but I am afraid I have no faith in them. They are the worst delivery/logistics company. I really do not understand why anyone would choose to use them. There are so many other options available these days.

0 Kudos