Menu
wavygravy
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Everything is green on new V6 box

I just had Virgin TV & Broadband installed today. The technician left while the V6 box was still doing its installation thing, and the mobile number he left me in case of any issues was invalid(but that's another matter).

So - All TV on the V6 box is green hued(unwatchable), menu screen backgrounds are all green. I've tried a different HD cable, I've tried making sure all other cables(including ethernet) are connected. I've turned everything off at the wall and turned everything back on in sequence(hub, then V6, then TV). None of it has worked.

I've spent over an hour on the phone to Customer Support, every operator telling me they'll deal with it and then - usually without warning - transferring me straight into a different queue with waiting times of up to 15 minutes, without telling me what queue they're even transferring me to. It's the worst customer service I've ever encountered.

All that's another issue - right now I'd just like my V6 box to work. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks, sorry if all this sounds a bit annoyed.

0 Kudos
edthepenguin
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Everything is green on new V6 box

I'm having a similar issue, green tint (menus are pink!)
I think it's down to HDR i.e. it's sending HDR colour range to the telly, but not "telling" the TV it's doing it.
I've seen a similar issue before on the PS4 Pro - they patched the HDR issue.

Two workarounds may be to unplug the HDMI and plug it back in, or to use a non-HDR HDMI port.
Not a permanent solution at all really, this needs to be fixed.
0 Kudos
edthepenguin
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just want to mention that HDCP 2.2 is enabled (in the system info page on the V6 box)
0 Kudos
deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

..I know this doesn't help your issue but I can never understand why customers are STILL allowing engineers to leave the property without the V6 box being FULLY installed, running and working 100% on the TV????

It's the number 1 golden rule.........

Its like have a new boiler fitted and allowing the engineer to leave before he's turned it on and ensured its all working properly before he leaves - you just wouldn't do it..............??

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I had the problem briefly but switching the box on and off fixed it.

0 Kudos
edthepenguin
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@deans6571 - I'm sure that you were referring to OP, but to clarify - mine was a self-install, so couldn't be avoided.

@stevedh2 - Unfortunately a reboot doesn't help - only unplugging the HDMI and plugging back in sorts it. If I reboot AFTER the HDMI unplug/plug, then it reverts to the odd colours.

The only permanent workaround I could do is to turn off "HDMI UHD Colour" on the HDMI port on my TV (Samsung JU7000). However as my all my devices go through my AV Receiver to the TV, then it would disable HDR for my PS4 Pro and Nvidia Shield.
I would have to re-do the wiring and plug the V6 box into it's own HDMI port with "HDMI UHD Colour" turned off (and also reconfigure my Logitech Harmony setup).
I'd rather not have to do this though.

It definitely seems like a HDR issue (i.e. the box is sending a HDR signal, but only sending 4:2:2, or the other way round).
0 Kudos
edthepenguin
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So this is really doing my head in now. HDMI unplugging and rebooting.. my wife is frustrated and just wants us to bin the thing now!

Is this going to be investigated?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi wavygravy,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you've had so much trouble getting this sorted.

Are you still experiencing issues with this?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos