Menu
DonnieSparko
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Dual V6!!

I have read that two V6 boxes connected via power line will talk nicely and basically give you the equivalent of 2TB storage available with all content available on both boxes. The 3 questions I would like to ask are -

1) Would the existing customer offer of £49.95 apply to both boxes, so £99.90 for the pair?

2) I have the V+ box in the bedroom which would be replaced with the 2nd V6 (if all goes to plan and what I've read is correct). Would there be an additional service charge for the upgraded box or still the one off charge?

3) Would an upgrade require an extension of my existing contract?

Thanks.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
pgcowie
Dialled in
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Dual V6!!

I have a similar setup existing Tivo and a V+. Just spoke to customer services who offered me the existing Tivo box to replace my V+ free of charge as they want to get rid of V+ boxes. Then when V6 actually ships (they cannot take orders at present), I can upgrade for £49.95 per box, no contract extension or change in terms.

fletch26
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The current Tivo's work the same way. I have 2 500gb linked together, so effectively 6 recording tuners available and 1TB.  You can use the Tv anywhere app to record to either and then stream from one box to the other, although no streaming to app.  The V6 box allows streaming of certain channels to the app I see.

My main questions are:

How much faster is the box over the current TiVo ?
How much extra BT Sports UHD and Sky Ultra HD will cost, that is if they ever get offered at all.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 13 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It'll depend on when in the negotiation cycle Sky/BT Sport UHD become available.
I would be surprised to see them before the start of next season.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!

All Replies
pgcowie
Dialled in
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have a similar setup existing Tivo and a V+. Just spoke to customer services who offered me the existing Tivo box to replace my V+ free of charge as they want to get rid of V+ boxes. Then when V6 actually ships (they cannot take orders at present), I can upgrade for £49.95 per box, no contract extension or change in terms.

DonnieSparko
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant. Thank you.
0 Kudos
LdGallifryan
Dialled in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

pgcowie wrote:

That's odd. I renewed my contract within the past 30 days.. They told me on the phone I can exchange my V Box for £14.99 TiVo and keep my TiVo box.. 

But they told me since the V6 is coming out soon.. I would be able to exchange both of my TiVo boxes for free and get two TiVo V6 boxes for free..

I am very unsure why they are telling me one thing you all another..

As I am making them keep to there word. Otherwise I will leave virgin as that would be reselling contracts and false describing.

DonnieSparko
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Sounds wrong to me as they have definitely announced a £49.95 existing customer deal. No way you could get them for free and unlikely they would have had pricing at the time. Maybe worth check there are notes on your account to that effect?
0 Kudos
Strangeland16
Up to speed
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

How did you get a free upgrade from v+ I've just tried it and they wanted to charge me 5 pound a month and 14.99 delivery charge?
0 Kudos
jbsco
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

DonnieSparko wrote:
Sounds wrong to me as they have definitely announced a £49.95 existing customer deal. No way you could get them for free and unlikely they would have had pricing at the time. Maybe worth check there are notes on your account to that effect?

Ok, until this box is out and launched, are we not jumping the gun. Best to wait until the offer formally gets sent into your email inbox?

0 Kudos
DonnieSparko
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

In many ways the box is already out and launched. There has been a soft launch for new customers and maybe others have been given an upgrade, idk. My original question was aimed at those who might have had a chance to get their hands on one. Oh and waiting for an email is probably useless. I registered for updates on their "Be the first to know" page but haven't had anything about the announcements today so not sure I'd trust i'd actually be "the first to know".
0 Kudos
jbsco
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Again, the box has not been officially released into the wild "to be purchased." If you ring up, VM will not provide the box at all. At some point, they will announce how to do this and the precise wording. At that point it makes sense to speak to VM. At the moment this is speculation!
0 Kudos
DonnieSparko
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying but isn't this a place and community for chat and speculation? If you read the first reply I got, it actually helped. I really don't need someone to tell me to wait and see or to tell me I'm speculating so if this is frustrating for you maybe just simply ignore and not reply?
0 Kudos