Menu
Iwatajim
Tuning in
Message 1 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Double V6 install on Friday 9th.

Very surprised to get such an early install date. £114 cost for both boxes installed with no increase in monthly cost, which I confirmed twice with different calls. On VIP package which I just renewed last week with one TiVo and one v+hd box. Have a very nice 12 month promotional offer which, as I say, doesn't seem to be affected. 

I asked about second box needing Ethernet connection but seems wifi is the answer for this box. I even asked about power line converters but no definitive answers. I guess we will see what happens when the engineer arrives.

Should be interesting...will keep y'all posted. 

0 Kudos
Dereklad
Superfast
Message 2 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: Double V6 install on Friday 9th.

Your lucky I phoned up nice and early today and got January 4 install date in Birmingham I was hoping for next week ..

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..+tivo box.
Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
+size 9 feet..iphone 7 plus..
0 Kudos
Iwatajim
Tuning in
Message 3 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, the rep was as surprised as me. Maybe a cancellation or very few people in my area know about v6. Try again in the morning, you never know, they may put more engineers onto installations. 

0 Kudos
blueboxmedia
Tuning in
Message 4 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Managed to get 23rd of Dec tonight. West Midlands.Second time lucky today bot agents couldn't get the codes to work. Only 2nd booking the guy had taken tonight. Had to manually apply discount as I was being charged £5 extra per month

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 5 of 39
Flag for a moderator

blueboxmedia wrote:

Had to manually apply discount as I was being charged £5 extra per month

Are you taking it as an extra box or to replace an existing TiVo? I was told as an additional box (so I could keep my existing two TiVo boxes) it would be the £49 install fee and an extra £5 month as I now have an extra box. On the plus point they reckoned the relocation of one f the existing TiVo's would be done for free (well covered by the V6 charge).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
blueboxmedia
Tuning in
Message 6 of 39
Flag for a moderator

I was getting it as a replacement for TiVo, not sure where the additional £5 had come from. It was his first order and he admitted no one new a thing....was on the phone for over 30 mins. Put on hold when he spoke to his managers In the end he made a note of my account and asked to phone back. Very helpful though. 

0 Kudos
Dereklad
Superfast
Message 7 of 39
Flag for a moderator

I might phone them up again and see if I can get a December fitting date if possible unless kath the moderater can help me at all,kath are you there please..

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..+tivo box.
Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
+size 9 feet..iphone 7 plus..
0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Think yourself lucky.
They called me on Thursday 1st and they couldn't get me in until the afternoon of Jan 11th!
She did say I may get an earlier date but I can't see anyone actively going through appointments trying to make them earlier.
0 Kudos
deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 39
Flag for a moderator

...all you guys having a January install ARE THE LUCKY ONES!!!!

Think about it - do you really want NEW tech, (i.e. the V6),in your house, over Christmas, recording all the Xmas movies and stuff and totally relying that it will work 100% correctly........and if it doesn't you'll more than likely won't be able to get an engineer out to you til after Xmas anyway.....?!?!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#devilsadvocate

#justsaying

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, 

Thanks for your posts and it's great to see you wanting the box as early as can be Smiley Happy 

Due to the amount of people wanting earlier times I'm not really able to go through each persons account everyday. What I can do though is check every once in a while for you. 

It's worth noting though that these appointments go very quickly so the only way it would work is if I go into the account and see a sooner appointment that I book it right away and let you know the date. If you are unavailable then we'd need to reschedule it again meaning it could actually end up being a later appointment as there's no guarantee your date would still be available. 

If you would like me to check your account, and you're happy to risk your date then pop me a PM and I'll see if there is anything available. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos