Menu
Highlighted
JimboX
Up to speed
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Do my eyes deceive me?

What's this. VM offering something for [almost] nothing? Is there a catch? VM are offering to swap my Tivo box for the new V6 box - is there something I should know?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Do my eyes deceive me?

Hi JimboX, 

Thanks for your posts Smiley Happy 

Some customers have been invited to upgrade their boxes for free. If the form isn't working, speak to the team and they can process the upgrade for you. 

The V6 box needs an internet connection in order to deliver Catch Up and On Demand content. Unlike the TiVo® it doesn't have an internal modem. 

It can connect via Wifi though so it's possible you won't need to relocate your hub. 

When talking to the team they can help you decide which is the best way forward Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

JimboX
Up to speed
Message 12 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for that. I've got it sorted at last.

0 Kudos

All Replies
RobertRyan91
Dialled in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Read the fine print it'll have any hidden catch in there
0 Kudos
JimboX
Up to speed
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

You may be right Robert. The ts and cs contain the following:

"Self-install customers require their main Virgin TV box and Virgin Media Hub to be located within the same room and no more than 3 metres apart to complete the installation. Customers with their main Virgin TV box and Virgin Media broadband Hub in different rooms will require an engineer installation."

My hub is in a different room so what will the engineer installation entail and will it cost any more?

Answers please from anybody who knows.

0 Kudos
RobertRyan91
Dialled in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Don't understand why you would need an engineer if it's already set up, but I would ask about extra costs when you go for it
0 Kudos
ajr45
Dialled in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Virgin have been offering free upgrades to a selected set of customers. So it will be legitimate. The v6 box must be located next to the router otherwise you will need an engineer so they can move the broadband hub for you ☺️

An engineer visit with this kind of free upgrade is usually free, but if it isn’t it will be clear when you book it.

——————————
I work for Virgin Media, but my opinions are my own.
0 Kudos
JimboX
Up to speed
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I thought everything looked too good to be true! Decided to apply for this free v6 box, logged in to the relevant page, started to fill in my details, hit submit only to be returned to the same page to fill in my details again and again and again.

Anybody got any ideas?

0 Kudos
JimboX
Up to speed
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi ajr45,

Still trying to sort this free v6 box offer. Got onto the order page (www.virginmedia.com/v6box) filled in my details, did the reCAPTCHA bit, clicked on Continue and then it wiped my details and left me back to square one - so many times. Tried the VM Help line who couldn't help, they gave me a no. for Customer Relations which doesn't work, been half way round the world and all they wanted to do was sell me an upgrade with charges. Just wondered, as you work for VM, if you could point me in the right direction to get this problem solved. Any help would be much appreciated.

JimboX

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Customers who can order the Virgin TV V6 box via that online form will have been sent and email about it. If you weren't sent an email the form won't work.

If you have Mix TV and Virgin Media 100Mbps or higher, then you can get the Virgin TV V6 box for the same one off £20 via Customer Services.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
JimboX
Up to speed
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi BenMcr,

Thanks for the guidance and I did receive the email. My package is higher than the parameters you quote in both instances inasmuch as I have Full House TV and VIVID 150 Optical Fibre.

Once again I've started to complete the form but it won't go past the first page. Where do I go now?

JimboX

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi JimboX, 

Thanks for your posts Smiley Happy 

Some customers have been invited to upgrade their boxes for free. If the form isn't working, speak to the team and they can process the upgrade for you. 

The V6 box needs an internet connection in order to deliver Catch Up and On Demand content. Unlike the TiVo® it doesn't have an internal modem. 

It can connect via Wifi though so it's possible you won't need to relocate your hub. 

When talking to the team they can help you decide which is the best way forward Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out