Menu
fixerman
Superfast
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Do I need to upgrade my av setup?

I am having two V6 boxes installed on Monday. They are to replace existing Tivos which are setup using AV amps that are a few years old. Will I be able to experience the V6 to the full, 4K and HDR, or will I have to update the amps.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Do I need to upgrade my av setup?

Umm- without details, kind of hard to tell.

The details you need are-

V6 uses HDCP2.2. If the amps are compliant with that, no issue.

If you are taking sound off an optical feed to amps, and NOT going through amps for both Video and Sound (ie NOT using HDMI to amp, then HDMI to display), No issue.

If you are going V6>amp via HDMI>display via HDMI, and the amps are NOT HDCP2.2 compliant, yes you will have an issue. In which case you can use  the other option above, or upgrade the amps to ones that are HDCP2.2 compliant.

Make sense?

0 Kudos
fixerman
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Kippies wrote:

If you are taking sound off an optical feed to amps, and NOT going through amps for both Video and Sound (ie NOT using HDMI to amp, then HDMI to display), No issue.

If you are going V6>amp via HDMI>display via HDMI, and the amps are NOT HDCP2.2 compliant, yes you will have an issue. In which case you can use  the other option above, or upgrade the amps to ones that are HDCP2.2 compliant.

Make sense?

Thanks! Very well Explained! 

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Make sense?

0 Kudos
fixerman
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Kippies wrote:

Make sense?

Thanks! Very well Explained! 

0 Kudos