Menu
Whisperuk
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Do I need a card in my old tivo

Hi

I had my new V6 box installed a few days ago and have kept my old tivo box (previous model) for upstairs. I noticed the card that was in the rear of the older model had been taken away. Do I need it for a second box? Also my new v6 didn't come with any user guide engineer says they haven't been printed yet....

It's straight forward but be nice for a reference guide. Especially as My new remote doesn't operate the TV volume like the previous one did

Andy
0 Kudos
AaronMartin
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do I need a card in my old tivo

I don't know about your other query, however, as far as smart cards are concerned, they are no longer required in TiVo boxes. From what I understand, this has been the case for a couple of years now. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

link to download the user guide: https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...
m8lyx
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How did you keep your old TiVo as the engineer I had said he had to take the old TiVo back with him. Have you paid for two boxes  or just kept the old one? 

But he did leave me a manual after I asked him for one. 

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

M8lyx. If you wanted to keep your TiVo you had to say so when you booked your V6. There is a monthly charge for keeping it though 

0 Kudos