Menu
sdg1983
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Disgusting service

Absolute litany of errors, surely no valued customer should go through the below.

I Registered early for v6 as I was very keen on the multi room features and speed increase. I then placed an order at a cost of £50 with an agreed install date of early December for a new property.
I then moved house and was forced to sign a new 12 month contract with virgin in order to get my service moved, following this my order for v6 was then declined and moved back 5 weeks until the 18th of January, something which I was very annoyed at at the time.

Fast forward to the 17th of Jan where I proceeded to order power line adaptors after reading about the exciting multi room capabilities on the virgin media website and from various reviews, my new house already has a wired secondary connection cable connection in back room.

The day of install of v6 finally arrived , my Engineer slot was 8-1pm, luckily I had the day off work to look after my infant daughter.
So I was up early and prepared at 8am , daughter changed and fed and waited in anticipation for my new toy.
At 1255 , no visit yet which was mildly concerning , so called virgin who said the engineer was still on a couple of morning jobs so must be delayed.
Ok , I thought , stick the kettle on and chill out for a while with my daughter.
1430 rolls around at which point I was told he should be with me in around 30 mins, I explained that I had received no courtesy call and found that virgin had the wrong contact phone number for me, this was then rectified.

So half hour rolls by , then an hour , then an hour and a half , so I called virgin again at 1600 and they said he should be with you soon, though he has moved my job until 1740 on his pda, but that they would text him as the delay was not satisfactory.
The engineer arrived at approx 1700 , saying job was added to his pda last minute , but hey , whatever , he's here now, despite the fact there was no courtesy call at any point.

So old TiVo Box swapped for a shiny new v6 , I was then told by the engineer that he has instruction to take my old TiVo away which then put the brakes on my multi room aspirations, I thought by paying the additional £50 I would be able to keep my old box, if only to stream recordings.
The engineer then had difficulty setting up my remote , saying the buttons were sticking, so got me a second from the van , he said that one is now programmed but that I might want to use my old one to control the volume as this one doesn't have a text button to change source etc.

The engineer then left , I then found that the new remote didn't work , so I then had to pair my self via info found online , I also then proceeded to programme it to the tv myself and worked out how to change the source by holding down the tv button.

This thus rendered my long awaited engineer visit utterly pointless as I could of just set the equipment up myself.

I then at approx 1900 Called virgin to cancel my powerline order and complain how I am not able to use multi room as I no longer have a TiVo .

I was then offered self install second TiVo box for 7.50 a month and could be delivered on the 20th , which I agreed to, I was then put on hold for 10 mins while some codes were checked. I was then told that the self install was not available for some reason as an engineer visit is required, as you can imagine I then declined this after todays engineer was 4 hours late, so I'm now left with an impressive v6 box but without the ability to use it for multi room, which was the main reason I chose to stay with virgin over sky q, something I may have to reconsider once the 12 months are up.

Feel Lost a day of my life to Virgin Media's nonsense

0 Kudos
connbob
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disgusting service

Had a similar experience recently regarding an engineer, who left us with an unactivated v6.
However, depending on what package you are on, you might be able to get free multiroom, I believe it is VIP that gets it free. Could have misread but think that's the case.
------------------------
Regards, Conn
(I do not work for VM, just like to help the community out, so I may be wrong Smiley Happy)

Homeworks + 300mbps, TiVo V6 Box, Talk Anytime
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi sdg1983, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Smiley Happy It's great having you on board with us and even better to hear you've now got a shiny new V6 box. How are you finding it so far?

In terms of your experience, it's been less than perfect and I can only apologise regarding this. 

When ordering the V6 box, did you mention you want it so you could use the multiroom streaming feature? 

In order to have the extra box, you would need an additional outlet which costs an extra £7.50 per month. If the self install option isn't available then a manned install would be needed. 

In terms of a free box that connbob mentioned, you would need to be on the VIP Package. This will give you the 2nd V6 box with no upfront fees although the outlet would still cost an extra £7.50 per month Smiley Happy 

Let me know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
sdg1983
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

😂 Less than perfect? Really ?! I'm afraid due to the lack of a satisfactory response since posting that this issue has been raised as an official complaint.
0 Kudos
shawty1984
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

Hi sdg1983, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Smiley Happy It's great having you on board with us and even better to hear you've now got a shiny new V6 box. How are you finding it so far?

In terms of your experience, it's been less than perfect and I can only apologise regarding this. 

When ordering the V6 box, did you mention you want it so you could use the multiroom streaming feature? 

In order to have the extra box, you would need an additional outlet which costs an extra £7.50 per month. If the self install option isn't available then a manned install would be needed. 

In terms of a free box that connbob mentioned, you would need to be on the VIP Package. This will give you the 2nd V6 box with no upfront fees although the outlet would still cost an extra £7.50 per month Smiley Happy 

Let me know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Thanks,

Not the op but can I ask why it would cost an extra £7.50 on the VIP package? Surely it's included in the price. 

0 Kudos