Menu
Telewest
Dialled in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Different answers from VM staff today WHY?

As we all know the ordering of the V6 box has gone live today. ..
SO this morning I phoned and got all what I wished for with me rejoin VM with a years contact BUT for only one new box as I was told that a second box would cost £99 so I said ok just one.
Then after being on this forum I was told that was a lie and I can have a second box for the same cost as the first and I should phone 150 and ask to have my order change. ...

Well I did that and got another shock in after 10 minutes of the person going away to ask if I could have second V6 he came back and told me that I can and it will be same price as the first but the box would need a power line plug and it would cost £90 ...**bleep** ... shock isn't the only word. .
He said as the box is in another room it would need to be linked to the Hub. ..
I said that is miss selling if VM is tell all that box costs £49 for customers and £99 for non customers but not telling you about the extra costs. ..
I told him that all 3 of my boxes are in other rooms from the hub so does that mean I would have pay for each one ...

Talk about hidden costs....

Is it right that VM are going to charge extra after the boxes are put in our homes ????

Please tell us all the full cost to have the V6 put in our homes ????
0 Kudos
reaper0374
Dialled in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Different answers from VM staff today WHY?

I'd also like to know if the current £50 / £100 pricing is promotional, and how long that is likely to last if so?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Telewest and reaper0374,

I'm sorry that you've had problems getting the correct information about upgrading to the V6 box.

The V6 box connects via your broadband Super Hub, so if the second V6 box isn't close enough to connect via an Ethernet connection, we recommend using  Powerline adapters, but you can also use it via the WiFi connection.

You don't have to purchase the Powerline adapters from us.

The charge for the extra V6 is the same for an extra TiVo®, so that would be £5 a month, but you aren't charged for the initial box.

The pricing is for the V6 installation and activation fees. This is currently promotional pricing and is subject to change in the future, but we haven't been advised when this will be altered. 

I've checked on your account--have you been able to get this sorted out with your upgrade and the second V6 box? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

reaper0374
Dialled in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Terri_P wrote:

Hi Telewest and reaper0374,

I'm sorry that you've had problems getting the correct information about upgrading to the V6 box.

The V6 box connects via your broadband Super Hub, so if the second V6 box isn't close enough to connect via an Ethernet connection, we recommend using  Powerline adapters, but you can also use it via the WiFi connection.

You don't have to purchase the Powerline adapters from us.

The charge for the extra V6 is the same for an extra TiVo®, so that would be £5 a month, but you aren't charged for the initial box.

The pricing is for the V6 installation and activation fees. This is currently promotional pricing and is subject to change in the future, but we haven't been advised when this will be altered. 

I've checked on your account--have you been able to get this sorted out with your upgrade and the second V6 box? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

I've still not got sorted out Terri. I was on the VM Facebook page yesterday, and one of the representatives (John) promised me a web-chat session this afternoon to try and resolve my pricing issues. Unfortunately this never happened. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Telewest
Dialled in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Terri_P
I hope that my last phone that my order of two V6 boxes are down to be a replacement for two of my older Tivo.

I was asked by when I tried to get two V6 were about in the house was the box to the hub 2 ( to replace by hub 3 at same time ) which I told her that hub was in another room to the main TV and told her that all three tivo are in different places around the house from the hub and that hub is using all cable ports too.

I can get Wi fi all over the house when the hub 2 was working as it now dropping out is why I asked for a new hub in me re- contacted to VM

So with the better Wi Fi from hub 3 the box should have a significant signal if the box has the good aerial inside. ...

I feel that VM should drop the only £49 as it should be *£58 plus network extras *
As your charging me on the bill £58 per box...

Please check that my order is right for next Wednesday ..
Two V6 boxes replaces 2 of 3 boxes.
1 Hub 3
And I am keeping. ..
Full House TV with Sky Cinema
200Mbps network

Thanks
0 Kudos
rbarkley82
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Your lucky. I wanted 2 V6 Boxes and was told I could only have one per household?? I already have powerline adapters in the house that I dont use.

0 Kudos
rbarkley82
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri, is it possible to have 2 V6 Boxes then?
0 Kudos
Strangeland16
Up to speed
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You can order up to 2 boxes I ordered 2 yesterday
0 Kudos
rbarkley82
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Think Ill get back on the phone for an additional one.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Telewest,

I've checked this for you and I can confirm that your order for Wednesday is exactly as you requested:

• Two V6 box installations, replacing 2 of your 3 TiVo® boxes. 
  • One Hub 3.0 installation 
  • Keeping the Full House Bundle with Sky Cinema with 200Mbps Broadband 

@rbarkley82 we've received notification yesterday that customers can now have up to three V6 boxes. If you haven't done so already, just give us a call back on 150 (free from a Virgin landline) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone) so your order can be amended.

Also, when you have multiple V6 boxes installed, you are only charged one activation fee of £14.99, not per box, as may have previously been advised.

Please keep us posted on how your installations go and what you think of the new V6 box.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help