Menu
Blinkey
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Device not registering

Hi

Ive just got a new V6 box, I'm having a nightmare finding programs to download to my iPad and when I do it says I need to register my device and its already registered????? Please heeeeeeelpppppp!!!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
TeresaTT
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Device not registering

I had to delete my device and register again.
0 Kudos
TeresaTT
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes, it was annoying to have to use up my two device changes for devices that were already showing up as registered. It's also a shame that Virgin restrict it to two devices registered at a time. Most households have far more than two devices that they would probably want to register but not necessarily use at the same time.

However, once registered I have been able to view some recordings on my mobile. It's a shame that not all recorded programmes can be streamed.
0 Kudos

All Replies
TeresaTT
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I had to delete my device and register again.
0 Kudos
Blinkey
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Teresa Thanks for that, but predictably I now have no device changes remaining as I've tried this a few times; renaming before, not deleting. Thanks anyway, much appreciated but I think Virgin will need to reset my device changes as I can't do anything until the 1st of Feb now😩😩‼

0 Kudos
TeresaTT
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes, it was annoying to have to use up my two device changes for devices that were already showing up as registered. It's also a shame that Virgin restrict it to two devices registered at a time. Most households have far more than two devices that they would probably want to register but not necessarily use at the same time.

However, once registered I have been able to view some recordings on my mobile. It's a shame that not all recorded programmes can be streamed.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Blinkey, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

Apologies to hear you've been unable to use the TV Anywhere app since your V6 box was installed. 

I have gone in to the account and added a device change for you. Make sure you remove the existing registration first though. Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. 

Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device. Follow those prompts and this should resolve things. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Blinkey
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator