Menu
brookey
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Customer Support

How bad is Virgin Customer support, I got no joy as an existing customer trying to get the new V6 box, charges again were much higher for an existing customer against a new customer, and the service was not as good, I sent a letter of complaint almost 3 weeks ago and apart from a letter confirming they had received it I have heard nothing, it is so difficult to contact anybody. I am so angry at the way Virgin treat loyal existing customers, maybe its time to give Sky a chance.

0 Kudos
shawty1984
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer Support

brookey wrote:

How bad is Virgin Customer support, I got no joy as an existing customer trying to get the new V6 box, charges again were much higher for an existing customer against a new customer, and the service was not as good, I sent a letter of complaint almost 3 weeks ago and apart from a letter confirming they had received it I have heard nothing, it is so difficult to contact anybody. I am so angry at the way Virgin treat loyal existing customers, maybe its time to give Sky a chance.

So you'll move to Sky who will offer you a new customer deal (did you get one when you joined VM?) and this will annoy existing customers at Sky. Don't you think that's a bit hypocritical? Then after 2 or 3 years you'll be saying the same thing about Sky and how you are a loyal customer. I hate this term loyal customer, you're not loyal, you're threatening to join Sky because you can't get discount, how is that loyal? VM or any business for that matter doesn't owe you anything. I've been with VM when it was Comcast all those years back and I don't believe I'm owed anything. There was a person on Digital Spy the other day who had just signed a new contract with VM but wanted out and they were saying they shouldn't have to pay the minimum price of the 12 month contract that was left because they were a loyal customer of just over 2 years. 

For what it's worth, if you are out of contract, ring retentions and see if they will offer you anything. 

brookey
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Its the customer service thats forcing me to consider moving, it is non existent, I have been with Virgin myself for approx 12 years and have never known it be this bad, so I dont think I am a hypocrit, but thanks for your opinion on the matter
0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There's a current post from someone leaving Sky due to how bad their CS is and the V6 being so much better than Sky. It's swings and roundabouts.. you may be jumping from the fryinh pan into the fire.

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As an aside.. you may want to check Sky's boards.. apparently they are far more complaints than there are here.

0 Kudos
brookey
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I honestly can't see how it could be worse, I have been waiting 3 weeks for a response, thanks for the reply

0 Kudos
brookey
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ok so you are saying Sky may be worse, that does not change how bad Virgin customer support is, so I stay for the lesser of 2 evils, all I wanted was a response to my complaint is that too much to ask.
0 Kudos
spuddy2
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am an existing customer and got what I consider a good deal when I upgraded to the VIP package. Nearly as good as new customers. I think it's who you get to talk to when you phone when I first phoned the deal offered was not very good so I declined and phoned back 3 days later and explained what I had been offered and was offered a much better deal albeit only for 6 months but was told to ring back after 6 months and see what was on offer.
0 Kudos