Menu
friedegg
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Costs for multi room

I've just booked a V6 install for mid Jan but as a replacement for my sole tivo.

What would the cost be if I wanted to keep the old tivo in addition, would it simply be £5 a month for multi-room? Would I need to pay extra for holes drilled in the wall for the coax to accommodate the old box in a different room?

Any advice gratefully received.

Mark

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Costs for multi room

It's £6.50 for an additional outlet, and yes additional coax would be needed in the room where you wanted to move the box.

As long as it's booked on the order then the work would be covered by the same costs as getting the V6 as a swap for your existing box. You couldn't request it on the day.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It would indeed be just £5 per month extra and any additional work would be covered by the existing instal/activation charges you will be paying for the V6 install.

Of course, you will need to call in to change your order which may delay your install date.

0 Kudos
jgordon99
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

love the difference in price between the two superusers Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My price was from my own experience when I did exactly as requested - add a V6 to TiVo in early November. Confirmed by actual bill received since.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've just done this, although it was a bit of a nightmare, and I don't actually know what I'm being charged now...

I got the V6 phone call, wanted the V6, but didn't want to loose my old box just yet, mostly because there are quite a few things i'm in the middle of catching up on. Anyway got the person who phoned me to allow me to do a multi room install without additional contract so that I can return the Tivo when I no longer want it and he agreed to add it to the system etc.

Anyway when the engineer came yesterday, they know nothing about it, and spent most of their time listening to hold music while trying to talk to customer services and being passed from department to department.

It was sorted in the end even though I'm not quite sure what I've finally agreed to pay.
The engineers were great considering how much hassle I caused them though.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi friedegg, 

Thanks for your post and it's nice to have you involved in the Community Smiley Happy

If you only have 1 TV Subscription and you were looking to add a 2nd outlet then it would be £6.50 for it. This would give you a standard V HD box. To put a TiVo® as your 2nd outlet it would be a further £5 taking the total to £11.50 per month. 

Your best bet is to speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 as they can check your package and maybe even see if you qualify for any discounts due to having 2 outlets instead of one Smiley Happy

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Maggielee
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi
Today I was quoted £99.95 for a second box after ordering my first V6 yesterday at £49.95 + £14.95 activation fee. I didn't have to re-contract and was happy to pay the £5 a month extra for the VHD upgrade. I read on this forum that a second box would be £49.95 too as I'm on the VIP/200 vivid package. Any advice?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Maggielee, 

Thanks for your post. 

I have already replied to your thread here: Re: Has ordering started? How much

It's really great having you post in the V6 boards however please make sure you are only posting once about your issue/query. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same thing makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at my reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos