Menu
ACGraylingforPM
Dialled in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Controlling TV Volume Using V6 Remote

We've recently had a V6 installed and I'm impressed. A major step up. The only minor glitch so far is that whilst the previous TIVO remote controlled the TV we have not been able to do so with the new V6 remote. We've run the process several times and codes are being recognised because the TV switches off; but when turned back on there is still no control over volume via the V6 remote.

The TV is a Samsung Series 7 UHD. We also use a Sonos Playbar to which the TV remote is paired. It is not possible to pair more than one remote to the Playbar but this wasn't a problem with the previous TIVO remote being able to control volume via the TV. 

Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
Constable21
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Controlling TV Volume Using V6 Remote

Have you been through all the Samsung codes manually? There's a pdf with all codes here. http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=3943&CURRENT_C...

My TV wouldn't pair automatically but I eventually got a device code which worked.
0 Kudos
ACGraylingforPM
Dialled in
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Yes have tried that and indeed codes are recognised and the remote flashes green when used to control the volume but sadly this has no effect in terms of actually controlling the TV volume! Will give it another go but not wholly optimistic.

0 Kudos
deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

My Samsung tv also wouldn't pair automatically- I had to literally go through each code separately (using the codes which the V6 puts up on the screen after selecting Samsung as the make of tv) before one finally worked. 

You have to go through each code - one at a time. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi ACGraylingforPM, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue pairing up your remote to control the volume. 

As mentioned by deans6571, it may take quite a few try's with the different codes before you reach one that works. 

Since posting, have you had any luck? 

Come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ACGraylingforPM
Dialled in
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I haven't had time to go through all the codes again yet. Probably one for the weekend ...
0 Kudos
PhilipF
Dialled in
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I have two Panasonic TV's the first one set up volume control easily using the function to scroll thru the codes, the second took more time, none of the codes seemed to work, but oddly one of them bought up the search facility. then I noticed one of the codes made the green on light flicker a quick backwards and forwards on the channel button identified the correct one checked that the volume button worked and it worked.

0 Kudos
DavidDundas
Joining in
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

We have just had a V6 box installed and have the same problem:  the volume control and the mute do not work.  On the other hand the remote for the Panasonic TV works OK.  I have tried rebooting the remote by removing and replacing the battery but that does not fix the problem.  I called customer services and

ACGraylingforPM wrote:

We've recently had a V6 installed and I'm impressed. A major step up. The only minor glitch so far is that whilst the previous TIVO remote controlled the TV we have not been able to do so with the new V6 remote. We've run the process several times and codes are being recognised because the TV switches off; but when turned back on there is still no control over volume via the V6 remote.

The TV is a Samsung Series 7 UHD. We also use a Sonos Playbar to which the TV remote is paired. It is not possible to pair more than one remote to the Playbar but this wasn't a problem with the previous TIVO remote being able to control volume via the TV. 

Any suggestions? 

their dumb automated system wanted to test our TV connection and stop us watching the TV, so I hung up.  A pity Virgin M don't allow us to send them an email to ask for a new remote and a technician to set it up.

0 Kudos
buckmp
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same issue with a sony soundbar, I've tried pressing clear and Vol -, then putting in codes, but none of the codes seem to be reconised, and if I do the code 1999, and then press the Chan + button to scroll through, it just changes the channel.

The old remote worked great, so hopefully this one can do the same

0 Kudos
Emmakh
Joining in
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

We also have a Sonos playbar. We have paired the v6 remote to the playbar rather than the Samsung tv and turned off the tv's sound. If you are happy with that set up it might be worth trying to pair the remote via the Sonos software. I was told by Sonos that the v6 remote control would not operate the playbar (v6 remote is supposed to be RF, playbar only accepts IR) but bizarrely mine DOES work. So pleased but confused! Mind you the v6 find your remote function does not work despite several attempts at pairing it. Haven't pursued as would rather be able to control play bar than make my remote beep!
0 Kudos