Menu
Ted2
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Contract question

I have just added talk more anytime phone (install will be March) to my existing VIVID 200 and XL tv making it the full house bundle. The new contract is £72 pm for 6 months and then £75 pm for 12 months. A new customer can get the full house package for £63 pm on a 12 month contract if anyone is interested.

My question is: In these sort of contracts is it best to re-negotiate for a better deal when the 6 months is up or could I even cancel all services (with no charges) if I wanted to go with a better Sky or BT offer.? 

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract question

I believe you would have to wait for the full 18 month contract to be up before you could cancel without fees.. always worth a call to give retentions a ring when near the end of the contract to see if you can get another discount.

0 Kudos
Ted2
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks C. When I spoke to the Lady on the phone she was adamant that I could re-negotiate when the 6 months is up.

She didn't mention I was going to enter into a 18 month contract. She said something about a loyalty discount offer of  £72pm  or some such thing for 6 months  and I could re-negotiate then. I take it this meant I could also cancel my bundle after 6 months as well with no fees if I didn't want to carry on with the £75 for the next 12 month . I better phone again to clarify unless anyone on here has knowledge of these deals.

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ah I am probably wrong then.. it sounded like you were being put on an 18 month new contract..

0 Kudos
Ted2
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You got me worried now C. 🙂

I will double check though. You never know what's in the small print. Cheers.😉

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ted2

I hope you got the chance to contact us since you posted and many thanks for talking the time to pop by with your post about the contract.

When you take a deal with us you have a 14 day ‘Right To Cancel’ the agreement with us.

If you are going into a 12 month or 18 month offer, then once the initial 6 months of discount has finished you would be in contract at the bundle options you have been advised of.

If you want to renegotiate the offer you absolutely can but you would be in contract at this time and subject to Early Disconnection Fees if you were thinking of leaving at that point if the offer you're looking to go for is not available to you.

To discuss this with our teams if you have not already then if you can chat to them either via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat , our teams can clear security with you in order to look into this for you.

Via the Webchat link if you choose:

Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

You will be able to select the 'Chat To Us' option.

Keep us posted on how this goes and thanks again for posting Smiley Very Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos