Menu
justjust1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Constantly having to switch off then on

Sick to death of these issues now - to add i have to reboot my V6 box neatly every day after black screen of death. Last Tivo box was slow, but at least it worked.

For god sake virgin - Fix all these issues.

0 Kudos
solutions
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constantly having to switch off then on

Installed two new TiVo last week. It's been a nightmare so far. Black screen of death, On demand not working. I will be calling to see what can be done, having to actually hard reboot the box is far from ideal.

Justjust1 do you have an update on your situation ?
0 Kudos
sueysue
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Three weeks in and already I am unable to watch a movie on my blue ray player and record anything on the V6 at the same time because changing input from HDMI 1 to 2 knocks the V6 off and in the last couple of days I have started to get these black screens of death when I bring my TV out of standby. Only a hard boot will bring the picture back.

I am getting sick of it myself and wish I had stuck with my Tivo, oh so slow but never actually let me down!

0 Kudos
smoggieboon
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I bought a V6 box, and in first 2 weeks I had 3 replacements for faulty boxes. Now I have a working box, it's still a chew because the box will not come out of Standby using the remote, it just sticks on the Welcome screen or a black screen... I have to turn the box off then on, via the switch on the rear of the box

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

smoggieboon wrote:

I bought a V6 box, and in first 2 weeks I had 3 replacements for faulty boxes. Now I have a working box, it's still a chew because the box will not come out of Standby using the remote, it just sticks on the Welcome screen or a black screen... I have to turn the box off then on, via the switch on the rear of the box

There is ax well-reported issue with some 4K TVs have a problem coming out of standby. Pending a fix, it is suggested that setting power savings settings to Always On is a good idea, stopping V6 going into standby in the first place.

0 Kudos
smoggieboon
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote: There is a well-reported issue with some 4K TVs have a problem coming out of standby. Pending a fix, it is suggested that setting power savings settings to Always On is a good idea, stopping V6 going into standby in the first place.

So you're saying that I can't use standby mode on my V6 box. I have my box set to not drop into standby automatically, but I switch it into standby when not in use. I didn't sign up as a beta tester for VirginMedia, and if they wanted to use me as a tester for unfinished equipment, I would've expected to not have to pay for my V6.

0 Kudos
justjust1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes they want to send a engineer out apparently 'the levels are low at my property' for the moment I have to remember not to turn my V6 box off, since leaving it on constantly I have not had an issue.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Great to hear that things have improved for you justjust1,

I've responded via private mail regarding the issue experienced. 

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos