Menu
RickyRoma
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Constant sound glitches

Hi,

Just moved over to Virgin from Sky a couple of weeks ago.I've got the V6 box on Vivid200.

When watching programs there are often glitches/dropouts in the sound for a second or less. As I'd only watched recordings so far, I thought it was some kind of fault whilst recording to HDD. But tonight I was watching the FA cup football on BBC 1HD and it was present in the live transmission.

Is there is a fix for this? (TV is a Panasonic Plasma)

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant sound glitches

Sounds like a signal issue and will probably require a technician visit.

It takes around a week here for a member of Virgin staff to get to a message, or else you could call 150.

0 Kudos
RickyRoma
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hmm.. I went over to iPlayer and selected last night's football match. I forwarded to 45 mins where I knew there were some sound glitches in my recording. These glitches are also present in the streaming version from iPlayer so it looks like on this occasion the actually broadcast from BBC had a faulty sound feed. If that's the case then there's nothing can be done about it, but I'll keep an eye out and check future glitches.
0 Kudos
Steve67
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Same glitches here... I think it was the BBC on this occasion...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey RickyRoma

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to hear you've been getting interference with the sound on your TV service recently, that being said I'm glad to hear it's been limited to content from one provider as that should mean that things improve moving forward.

How have things been for you since your post? We've not had any major issues being reported so fingers crossed everything is working as it should at the moment. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos