Menu
BruceWayne12
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Constant Crashes and Reboots

We just had VM installed in the middle of January. 

Apart from finding the UI a little strange, we are becoming rather frustrated by annoyingly regular crashing and freezing of our V6 box.

We have experienced the Modern Family crashes that others report, but we have to hard-reset the box around 3 times a week for what seems to be no reason at all. Far too often it take ages to reboot and get stuck on the Welcome screen. 

It would seem switching it off while a recorded programme is playing will cause a freeze when we try to switch it back on.

From reading the forums it seems that crashes and freezes are a significant issue. Is there anything I can do to update firmware etc to make it behave?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant Crashes and Reboots

Hi BruceWayne12,

I'm sorry that you're experiencing problems with the V6 rebooting during the playback of a recording. We have had multiple reports that during the playback of a recording the box reboots.

A ticket has been raised for this: NKE00008990 and our engineers are currently investigating the problem. Any updates on this issue will be posted on this thread: Modern Family S8 E6 crashes multiple boxes 4 minutes in - System Fault

We apologise for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Steve67
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What about crashing whilst watching sky movies? This has happened 3 times in the last week........along with the iplayer.vevo and youtube... sound no pictures fault ..this is becoming a joke. Not even had my first bill yet and looking at returning to sky.....
0 Kudos
Steve67
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

After constant crashing and no bbc iplayer catch-up or other apps working in have down graded my package to the basic just to get the broadband and going back to sky for the tv.... v6 and virgin tv is a joke..
0 Kudos