Menu
sja
Dialled in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Channel 5 On Demand player controls not working

I've tried playing a number of different items from Channel 5 catch up, and all the player controls are no longer working, all channel 5 on demand content (that I've tried) since last Monday (7 days ago) has been affected. Content from before last Monday was still working when I tried it, however as channel 5 only provide 7 day catch up service, none of the working content is available any more.

What I mean is that you can't do anyting like pause, fast forward, rewind or stop, or chapter skiping or instant replay... or anything.... the video will just play from the start, but then you are stuck watching it from the beginning, I can't pause it or fast forward to the end if that's the only part I want to watch.

The only control that does work is to press "left" on the arrow key pad to get back out and get back to the tivo menus.

I have both a V6 and a V5 box, and it's doing exactly the same thing on both TiVo's, so this is not specifically a V6 issue, there is something wrong with the TiVo software that has failed perhaps because Channel 5 has changed something with the way they deliver their on demand content. ??

S.

anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channel 5 On Demand player controls not working

Yes having the same problem and have reported it. It's rather annoying but hopefully it will be sorted on the V6.
When I rang up the lady (and was put through to 4 different people!) said it does not the work on the box but I said it did the other day.
Engineer coming round tomorrow but I think it has something to do with box and a bigger issue?
0 Kudos
kathleenmaxwell
Just joined
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Having the exact same problem. Hope that they are on the case of fixing it!

anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

That's good that someone else having issue.

Someone rang me from complaints dept today on another issue but also told him this issue. He was very helpful and said it's teething problems with the new V6 box and it's good to get feedback,positive and negative,

I am hoping the engineer will be able to solve it with a new box but also now that complaints know about the issue
0 Kudos
EightBall
Up to speed
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I actually have this same problem with the channel 5 on demand app on the built in to my 4k LG TV. The controls have never worked.

anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

This therefore seems a bigger issue.
Virgin media read these comments so hopefully they will pick up on this and do a fix. As mentioned earlier it's probably just teething problems
0 Kudos
DevilCake
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Having the same problem here too. Guess it's not worth getting an engineer out if it's a common problem.
0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Give them a call in the morning. The person I spoke to today said it was still worth getting someone out
0 Kudos
sja
Dialled in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Engineer visit won't be able to solve this, it needs to be fixed in software, nothing to do with the hardware.

Also this is happening on my old tivo, so it has nothing to do with teething problems on the V6

And just to remind people that it was working perfectly fine before this week, so channel 5 have just changed something that has broken the streaming player in tivo.

0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes I think you are right,would Virgin therefore need to contact C5? Like you mine was working fine as well last week.
It could have something to do with the boxes though?
0 Kudos