Menu
DigitalDonkey
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Changing source on TV using TiVo remote

Just received my upgrade to V6, a great improvement over the previous TiVo. 

I have managed to setup everything as before, except finding out how to change source on TV using the new TiVo remote. On the old one I could use the text button, but this has now gone.

Any my ideas on a new button sequence to achieve the same?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
sja
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Changing source on TV using TiVo remote

I've found that holding down the 'TV' button for 2 seconds seems to activate the input select on my TV'

However the annoying thing is that my TV requires many multiple presses to cycle through all the inputs, and having this two second delay on each press makes it impractical as it takes too long.... easier to just grab the TV remote.

S.

All Replies
sja
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I've found that holding down the 'TV' button for 2 seconds seems to activate the input select on my TV'

However the annoying thing is that my TV requires many multiple presses to cycle through all the inputs, and having this two second delay on each press makes it impractical as it takes too long.... easier to just grab the TV remote.

S.
DigitalDonkey
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Saj. That worked really well. Seems to be slicker than the V1 TiVo as well. 

Regards

0 Kudos
Gav7777
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just had my first Virgin installation today. Thanks for the tips for standby and source selection. On my Sony TV once it goes into source selection you can just use the up/down arrows on the remote to select the required source.

sja wrote:

S.

0 Kudos
Bonce80
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

sja wrote:

S.

Great stuff, can put the TV remote in the drawer now!

0 Kudos
gaztop
Just joined
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thanks for this. all sorted and tv remote in drawer now

0 Kudos