Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8 (130 Views)

Catch up and on demand v6 issue

Hi all.
I joined vm 2 weeks ago and took out the full tv package in order to get the box sets which my family are addicted to. Problem is, they haven't been able to see one in that two weeks as there is reported to be a problem getting both catch up and on demand to work on the new v6. I suppose that raises a number of questions firstly why introduce a box that can't handle this but my main concern is that I'm still in my cooling off period and every day for the past 2 weeks the service status is saying it will be repaired by 11am tomorrow etc but every day brings a new fixed by date which is never met. Very disappointing start to my vm experience. I have sky ringing me constantly offering their services (which they say actually work) but i have gone to the trouble of setting up the v6 and don't want or need to start moving again but if it isn't repaired before my cooling off period ends I'm offski. Anybody know what's going on here?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8 (94 Views)

Re: Catch up and on demand v6 issue

HI Paul1802

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, I'm so sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your Catch Up and On Demand service recently. 

I've located your account to take a closer look at this and run some tests but we're not detecting any errors from our end at the moment. 

I hope that means that the services are working as they should at the moment? If not, let us know what you're seeing and we'll do our best to get to the bottom of this ASAP.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8 (83 Views)

Craig.
I don't know what it was you looked at but nothing has changed at my end. Both catch up and on demand services have never worked for me and still aren't working. A cursory check of service status would show the same fault that has been showing for over a month now, namely that there is an issue with the new v6 box accessing both of these services. Every day brings a new "fix by" date and this has been changed and missed over 20 times (since I joined 6 weeks ago. My question is a simple one, is this just applicable to my area (26) or is everyone using the new v6 box having to do without catch up and on demand?
I haven't signed my contract yet and don't intend to until this is sorted as clearly what I've signed up for isn't being delivered. This has been dragging on for a month now (quite possibly far longer) so what's going on here???
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8 (82 Views)

It simply says "this service is temporarily unavailable, please check back later"
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8 (64 Views)

I have exactly the same problem, no catch-up or On Demand since the V6 box was installed.

Each day the Service Status checker just puts the estimated repair time back another 24 hours!

Are V6 boxes incapable of supplying catch-up, and are we just being fobbed off with excuses?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8 (43 Views)

Hi Paul1802,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I can see that you've spoken to the team regarding this so if there's anything else I can help you with please let me know.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8 (40 Views)

Hi p-con,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear you're also experiencing problems with your On Demand.

I can see that the team have advised you of the fault and you should be able to keep up to date with any service issues on our service status checker here.

Thank yiou

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8 (31 Views)

Hi Rose,

The team did not advise me of anything, I called them, and requested that they flag it up as a complaint, as nothing seems to be getting done.

And the service status checker is a complete waste of time I'm afraid, all the do each day is put back the estimated fix time another 24 hours (although the date has now been pushed back even further, to the 18th September).

It has been like this for over a week now, and nothing has changed, and we are not being informed what the problem is.

0 Kudos