Menu
falveyd
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Cant register interest in TiVo V6

Hi,

Ive tried to use your site to register interest in the new V6 box, but when it asks me for my details, it tells me that it cant find me on the system. I've only been a customer for 13 years at the same address, so you'd like to think that i'd be on the system.

Is there anyway someone can register me for updates on the new box please. The old TiVo is driving me mad (and potentially to Sky or BT), so the sooner i can get my hands on one of these the better.

Thanks,
Dan
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant register interest in TiVo V6

Hi Dan, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've not yet been able to register your information for the new V6 box. 

I think it may be because your house number isn't just a number, it has a letter in too. 

The good news is I've been able to register your interest manually and now we'll let you know when it's ready to launch Smiley Happy

If you have any further questions, let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
igwarrender
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

We must have the same problem as we to have a letter in our address, how can we register for the box?
0 Kudos
Jeremy_Bentham
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here. Still. Someone please sort this out.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi everyone Smiley Happy

If your interested in TiVo V6 then this would be something we would inform you of soon. We haven't forgotten you all and are looking forward to supplying a really great box Smiley Happy

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
falveyd
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I missed a call today from VM on the landline. I've seen people on this forum say they've had calls offering the V6 for free, so I didn't want to miss any offers. I called VM tonight, who told me that they've no record of anyone calling me, and that they aren't offering the boxes out as it's still being tested (she was actually quite dismissive of everything I asked).

As I couldn't give my mobile on the register interest form (as it didn't like my address) and I missed a call from VM on the landline (despite being told I didn't tonight), can anyone confirm if I'm eligible to this offer? I'm a long suffering TiVo user, so I would like this upgrade ASAP, especially if there's a deal to be had.

Thanks,

Dan.

0 Kudos
igwarrender
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It would be upsetting to hear that SOME customer are getting specific deals while others are not, our old Tivo box failed just 2 weeks ago, the guy that came out to replace said that he had the new v6 boxes in his van but couldn't give us one. Conversation with Virgin Media around the subject of, I've rather not start filling up my old box with recordings if a new better box is available was frustrating, as has been trying to register interest due to have the letter 'b' in our 'number'. The last person I spoke to claimed that there was no difference if people had registered interest or not but couldn't answer why the registration was even an option if there was going to be no difference.

All of this mixed messaging is not helpful to us existing customers and I'm still not sure where I stand on the issue of getting the new box and at what cost (if any). :-( :-( :-(

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey Dan Smiley Happy

Thank you for your message, I hope you're well.

I think there may be a little confusion on the terms of a free TiVo V6. There were a select few of our very first pilots for testing the TiVo V6 who were offered it free to test. We're not currently offering the V6 box free of charge. If you're still looking to upgrade then you can do this by signing into My Virgin Media Smiley Happy

If you'd prefer to call in, please call us on 150/ 0345 454 1111, second number for non Virgin Media numbers Smiley Happy

Keep in touch and thank you.

Ben 

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

BenD_H wrote:

Hey Dan Smiley Happy

Thank you for your message, I hope you're well.

I think there may be a little confusion on the terms of a free TiVo V6. There were a select few of our very first pilots for testing the TiVo V6 who were offered it free to test. We're not currently offering the V6 box free of charge. If you're still looking to upgrade then you can do this by signing into My Virgin Media Smiley Happy

If you'd prefer to call in, please call us on 150/ 0345 454 1111, second number for non Virgin Media numbers Smiley Happy

Keep in touch and thank you.

Ben 

Well then, have I been misled.?  I was called last week and offered a V6 free of charge. The caller was very specific that there was no charge and there was no mention of it being a pilot, in fact it was the day after the announcement.  I have never been involved in a pilot.

It appears in my order tracking but no confirmation received yet.

So what is my position?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
falveyd
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

As @frank_gm has said, I too have had that conversation and offer of a free V6, which is being installed in early Jan.

I can only guess that VM are trying to mask the fact that these offers are out in the wild, so that not everyone asks for a freebie. The mixed messages are very confusing though. It seems that the Community team give different answers to the Call Centre team, who in turn are also not aware of the phone calls (from a different team I presume) offering a V6 to existing customers.

In my own selfish way however, I'm now happy that I will be receiving my V6 within a month and no extra cost.