Menu
bolgerp
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cannot order V^ without re-contracting?

I am currently on the phone to Customer Service to order a new V6. despite being on the top TV package and Vivid 200, I am not eligible for a free box (??). Which is fine. So, happy to pay the £49 plus the £14.99 activation charge. However, now the guy is telling me that it won't progress the order unless I re-contract. Even though he knows that re-contracting is not required. But there is nothing he can do. He even suggested that I do it online via virginmedia.com/befirst This web page doesn't exist. What a farce!

0 Kudos
bolgerp
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot order V^ without re-contracting?

So, apparently he CAN override the issue with the contract.... now currently awaiting the order to process. 

0 Kudos
bolgerp
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

And new box being installed on Thursday!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi bolgerp, 

Thanks for your post and great to hear you're getting the new V6 box. 

It's launch day on the phones today so there may well be some little hiccups. We're super glad things have been sorted for you. 

Don't forget to pop back and let us know how things go with the installation and if you have any queries or questions, you know where to find us. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

bolgerp
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks kath.... I am disappointed a bit, though, that I wasn't offered the box for free, even though I am on the top tier for TV like I believe many other customers were. Is there a limitation on the offer for free?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi bolgerp, 

Thanks for coming back again Smiley Happy

There have been a very select few who were part of a pilot of the box that had them at a reduced rate however no customers are without either the £49.95 or £99.95 charge now. 

We've done lots of research when it came to pricing and have tried to be as fair as possible. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
bolgerp
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ah okay.... it would seem form the Cableforum site that there were some customers that were offered a free box that were on the top tier. It's fine, though. I'm more than happy to pay the £49 plus activation fee.
0 Kudos