Menu
FlashPan
Superfast
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cannot Put V6 Into Standby

Hi all,

So my V6 was installed today.  All smooth.

Am pretty sure could standby earlier this evening  but now I can no longer put the V6 into standby.

I press the power button the remote and the box that normally shows on the screen saying the box will go into standby just flashes up and disappears.

The white led on the front of the boxes does a sort of double or triple flick as well.

I've tried all 3 power settings in the menu and still the same.

Any ideas or is this a known issue?

Cheers

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
FlashPan
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cannot Put V6 Into Standby

RESOLVED:

Manage to speak to someone on the Tivo support team today.  A real head scratcher for them.  I then asked if to test with the original TiVo remote control?

Lo and behold it worked.  Pressing the power button would bring up the standby screen and it would stay for the 30 secs as normal.

Decided it must be the V6 remote at fault.  VM guy was about to order me another we on a whim said to switch out the batteries.

So.....that was the issue.  Bad or low batteries.

New set of batts and all was working well on the the V6 remote.  We both agreed that was very odd as only the power button was affected, all other functions worked fine.

One for the book I think? Smiley Wink

Cheers

0 Kudos

All Replies
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The standby button has two different options.

To put TiVo into standby press it once quickly to get the standby screen which gives you a few seconds to cancel.  To put TiVo into immediate standby - press the standby button twice but quickly.

If you hold the standby button down to long it will try and turnoff any tv and/or app you have connected and programmed to the remote - but will leave TiVo on.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
FlashPan
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yes that is the normal function you would expect to see.

But as I said the standby screen just flashes up and disappears.

Double pressing the power button has no effect, again the standby screen just flashes up and disappears.

Pressing and holding down the power button does standby the TV

0 Kudos
FlashPan
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

RESOLVED:

Manage to speak to someone on the Tivo support team today.  A real head scratcher for them.  I then asked if to test with the original TiVo remote control?

Lo and behold it worked.  Pressing the power button would bring up the standby screen and it would stay for the 30 secs as normal.

Decided it must be the V6 remote at fault.  VM guy was about to order me another we on a whim said to switch out the batteries.

So.....that was the issue.  Bad or low batteries.

New set of batts and all was working well on the the V6 remote.  We both agreed that was very odd as only the power button was affected, all other functions worked fine.

One for the book I think? Smiley Wink

Cheers

0 Kudos