Menu
triplesilk99
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can you tell if something is recording? Also, issues with wifi connection staying constant in TV Anywhere

Hi, I have a couple of quick questions - any comments would be great!

With the old box you could see if something is recording (one red dot on the box for each recording - so there was zero, one, two or three red lights showing). I cannot see this for the V6 box, which is a shame as it was a useful feature. Am I missing something here?

Re the wifi - my box is connected via this method and the connection is good. However, if I go to the TV Anywhere app it says that the box isn't on the same home network - so I can't use the mobile device as a remote nor can I view programmes there that are recorded on the V6 box. If I go into the settings in the V6 box and re-connect to the wifi, then it works, but the connection is there anyway (this is very clear, with the SSID showing and the good connection speed). Is there anything I can do about this? 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can you tell if something is recording? Also, issues with wifi connection staying constant in TV Anyw

Nope, just the one light on the box. If you want to see what's recording, then either check My Shows, or press the Info button and scroll down to the bottom tab to see what the tuners are doing.

Are both devices connected to the same wireless band (2.4GHz or 5GHz)

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can you tell if something is recording? Also, issues with wifi connection staying constant in TV Anyw

Nope, just the one light on the box. If you want to see what's recording, then either check My Shows, or press the Info button and scroll down to the bottom tab to see what the tuners are doing.

Are both devices connected to the same wireless band (2.4GHz or 5GHz)

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
triplesilk99
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I'll check that wifi band issue. 

Shame about the red lights - as it was I could check by looking at the box without having to go into any kind of PC/mobile device or turn the TV on. Still, the V6 is so much better than the old box it's a small price to pay.

stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I assume your phone is also connected via WiFi.

what is the ip of the phone and the Box, i.e. are the 1st 3 numbers the same (should be something like 192.168.0.??)

0 Kudos