Menu
mark_l_sanders
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can't connect to V6 box from TV Anywhere

Sorry  - another stoopid connection issue.

I've got 2 new V6 boxes. One is connected to Hub 3 via Ethernet; the other is connected via WiFi.

• I can 'see' the 'wifi' box from the 'ethernet' box and play recordings etc but I can't connect to the 'wifi' box from TV Anywhere.
  • I can't connect to the 'ethernet' box from the 'wifi' box, but I can connect to the 'ethernet' box from TV Anywhere!!

So the WiFi 'connect to each other' issues seem really strange....

Can anyone shed any light on this?

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't connect to V6 box from TV Anywhere

Hi mark_l_sanders,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I just wanted to pop by and see how things are today with the TV Anywhere service.  If you're still experiencing any issues then please let me know and I'll be happy to help check this further with you.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mark_l_sanders
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette

the problem sorted itself out without any action on my part. After a couple of days both boxes could see each other and the app could see both boxes....strange but all's well etc

Thanks

mark

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the update and I'm pleased to hear all is well now for you Smiley Happy

I hope all remains ok, if you do have any queries or need us for any support then give us a shout anytime.

All the best.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
milodog
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I had the problem where I could not connect my recently installed V6 to TV Anywhere on my phone.

The answer was to go to Settings>Devices>Network Remote Control and select Allow network-based remote control.

After this I loaded TV Anywhere on my phone and when asked to setup streaming devices, selected my V6 and BINGO! it worked.

Problem now is I did this so that I could download recordings to my phone or tablet but all recordings have the Download feature greyed out!

0 Kudos