Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9 (182 Views)

Can "ANYBODY" out there connect to Netflix ?

I have the seemingly common problem of not being able to connect either of my 2 new V6 boxes to Netfix via ch204 or via the Home>Search&destroy link.  Both screens imply that the right apps are not loaded onto the box.  I had a techie booked who called this morning to say it was pointless him visiting as he couldn't fix it - it requires a software update applying to the box - which VM do not have yet.

I called CS to see what they could do.  They tried all the usual pantomine performances of parental safety switching on and off, dns checks, superhub router rebooting, bla de bla, but of course nothing worked. There are also one or two other catch up channels that dont work - notably C4.  They have escalated a ticket and assure me all will be fixed in a day or two.  However, I have little faith in that optimistic view.  So in preparing to call back on Monday to demand the return of my Tivo & V+HD - as well as the £100 they charged for the V6 boxes...  I checked with 2 of my neighbours who have V6 boxes.  Neither of them can connect to Netflix either !

So I am left wondering whether there is anybody out there in V6land that can successfully connect to Netflix via ch204 - or to C4 catch up ?

Can you ?

John

Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 9 (175 Views)

Re: Can "ANYBODY" out there connect to Netflix ?

no problems here  -   is your V6 still connected to your Superhub OK?

Check settings -> Settings -> Network  -  to ensure the last status says 'Succeeded'

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 300 Optical Fibre (300/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9 (170 Views)

ozsat wrote:

Check settings -> Settings -> Network  -  to ensure the last status says 'Succeeded'

So there is hope after all !

Yep that's all ok.  Both connect fine and always succeed.

0 Kudos
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 9 (164 Views)

If you neghbour has the same issue it sound like a local network issue - and faults will need to sort it out but it is unlikely the issue is at your house.

V6 TiVo (with MRS)
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9 (146 Views)

ozsat wrote:

If you neghbour has the same issue it sound like a local network issue - and faults will need to sort it out but it is unlikely the issue is at your house.

Possibly... but forgot to say that on the old Tivo box everything connected just fine - until Tuesday - then when it was replaced by the V6 and it all went pear shaped. 

That data suggests to me that the fault lies in the V6 box - and its software somehow preventing the Netflix App to load or causing an inability to negotiate a connection to the Netflix server.

John

Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 9 (137 Views)

The V6 uses your own network for nearly everything - the old TiVo used its own network.

They work very differently for the same apps etc.

Do you have any web filters (child safe settings) set for your own network?

V6 TiVo (with MRS)
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9 (131 Views)

Nope - no filters at all, anywhere.  Netflix connects just fine and dandy through an Amazon Firestick on the same network. 

I do use an Apple Airport as a my wifi router but CS put me through the rigmarole of switching it off, turning the Superhub modem back to router and connecting (both wifi & ethernet) to the network - with no success in connecting to Netflix by any route.

John

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 8 of 9 (111 Views)

Netflix works fine on my V6, I have a ASUS router connected to the sh3 and have never had an issue

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9 (55 Views)

My Netflix  issue is now SOLVED

I have posted the solution above

John

0 Kudos