Menu
petegraves
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

C501 not being dealt with

I truly believe that there is not one oerson within the Virgin media team....anywhere....that can...or is allowed...to deal with these problems. Nobody can or will come up with a solution or satisfactory explanation. If Virgin have a fancy code for the obvious error....why can't they fix it??? I am only six months in to my contract, paying over a hundred pounds a month for a multi package, with no way out...It's scary the hold they have over you....promising the best service whilst actually providing a seriously substandard one. Come on Virgin....do something please.... We've tried the ever so clever fix suggestions...turning it off and on again hardly instills much confidence in anything you do!!!!!
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: C501 not being dealt with

Did you try the other part.. re-connecting the box to Virgin then rebooting? Otherwise you need to call them again as it's fixed for me.

0 Kudos
petegraves
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is that what error code C501 means....in its coded form?
0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No, I have no idea what that means. On the service status page, after it was fixed it stated that if anyone was still have the same issues (it was several different error codes) they should try to reconnect to the Virgin service (via settings) and then reboot the V6. I didn't have to as for me, the TV just went black for a few seconds, then the 'this channel is off air' notice popped up, so I went to Home and found everything was working as it should.

0 Kudos
petegraves
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, thanks for that....I have tried the lot, still get the same message when trying to get to my shows/recordings etc, so no catch up or any on demand services....just the TV. I can force it to work if I am quick enough to get in before the message appears, but only occasionally......! I don't have a V6 box, just a now antique Tivo! Suppose I'll have to ring them to hear it all again now none of their suggestions have worked....and yes I have been through the connect now options....twice...to no avail.....Maybe one day they will find someone clever enough to work it out for them....Then they can charge us for the privilege!

0 Kudos
petegraves
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Has anybody had any form of explanation as to what the recent problems with on demand/catchup etc. ????
I had to keep trying until it mysteriously started to work again during the week.....Virgin are of the opinion that we should all be happy it now seens to be ok, without any explanation.....
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello petegraves,

Sometimes there can be a fault in the area which we can investigate at the time it's reported so please let me know whether you're still experiencing any problems so I can investigate it for you.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
petegraves
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Strangely enough, it just started working again!
0 Kudos