Menu
emmo82
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

C119 Network Error during install

Hi I Received a Cisco 500GB Tivo box yesterday.  Contacted VM to get it activated today around 6pm.  Was told that it should be up and running in about an hour.  However when I went back to check the box there was an error shown during the 'Installing Software' phase.  Preparing finished okay but at the connecting stage I get an error and further info shows C119 Network error.  I've just sat on the phone to VM in a supposed 15 min queue only to be eventually disconnected after about 35 mins without even getting a chance to speak to anyone from technical support. 

The list of tasks shown for the Installing Software phase are Preparing, Connecting, Getting Info, Disconnecting, Loading Info, Verifying.  As above it's failing at the Connecting Stage.  Have checked all wires.  Tried powering off the box, as per the on screen instructions, about a dozen times.  Tried just restarting the process without powering off the box about a dozen times.  Still no joy.  Can anyone on here help please.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: C119 Network Error during install

There seems to be issues with the TiVo media service tonight, on demand, catch up and several other functions (notable TV anywhere) are slow or broken.

It sounds like your replacement box cannot connect to VM to get its provisioning state etc- which makes sense given the outage.

My service status checker is saying it will be resolved by tomorrow morning- but that IS an estimate so Id wait for that to be resolved before trying again.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There seems to be issues with the TiVo media service tonight, on demand, catch up and several other functions (notable TV anywhere) are slow or broken.

It sounds like your replacement box cannot connect to VM to get its provisioning state etc- which makes sense given the outage.

My service status checker is saying it will be resolved by tomorrow morning- but that IS an estimate so Id wait for that to be resolved before trying again.

0 Kudos
emmo82
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yeah box managed to connect properly this morning when I tried it.  Thanks for your response though.  All sorted now Smiley Happy

tyronep
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My issue was resolved by the engineer resending the signal which switched the channel on the TiVo box. The next Install attempt worked.

Could be resolved in 10 minutes -surprised this isn't a standard support procedure as this is a known issue and fix
0 Kudos