Menu
Steppers
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Buying a Telly tablet

How do you buy a Telly Tablet without a mobile? I went to a VM store and they showed me one, but after 20 minutes of trying to find out how to sell me one they gave up. I contacted VM via Chat and they said that they only did technical support. None of the options when phoning up seem applicable.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Buying a Telly tablet

Have you tried the buy button on this page?

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/mobile/showtime.html

0 Kudos
Steppers
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I have done that now.
0 Kudos
Dereklad
Superfast
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Id love to get this tablet but the problem is i have tv anywhere on my iphone (the app)..and its a nightmare,its slow and constantly disconnects from my hub..so whats stopping this tablet from not having the same problems..

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..+tivo box.
Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
+size 9 feet..iphone 7 plus..
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Oh dear :-

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/TellyTablet-TV-Anywhere-doesn-t-work/m-p/3310569#U3...

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
Dereklad
Superfast
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I must be psychic,i saw this comming..
Thing is the tv anywhere app on the apple app store gets battered in the reviews with everyone complaining.it gets 1 star out of 5..when is it going to be updated..

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..+tivo box.
Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
0 Kudos
Dereklad
Superfast
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I must be psychic i predicted this..
They need to update the tv anywere app.its very slow to connect..i mean i use an iphone 7 plus so its not my device its the anywhere app

Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Simple fix to the issue linked to by Frank. The user needs to ensure Android System webview is installed and up to date.
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Graham_A wrote:
Simple fix to the issue linked to by Frank. The user needs to ensure Android System webview is installed and up to date.

Or VM could have fixed the issue themselves before releasing the Telly tablet. Poor effort when releasing a new product.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I agree it is an odd one, as Android System webview is part of the core android OS.