Menu
Thecatshome
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Broadband speed

I am having thev6 box fitted in a couple of weeks I already have the supehub with 200m download.The speed does vary but it seems a little slow,the best average I can achieve is between 20/40meg some days it can be pretty bad specially afternoon and evenings.Paying for 200 and only getting at best 40 is not very good what speeds are you achieving 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband speed

always test speed using a high spec PC using a wired connection. Wireless can be slow for external factors
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

you could also post the power levels and network log from the superhub so someone here can see if the levels look good.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

More stable & consistent is the key if you're wanting to stream to/from the box.

I'd suggest taking this question to the Broadband forum as they're better suited to diagnose whether it's signal issues or just high utilisation in your area.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
booner99
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Your doing better than me I only get 9mb in evening and I'm supposed to get 200mb
0 Kudos
Thecatshome
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Averaged between 10mb and 15mb Sunday afternoon and evening I think that's pretty poor.Virgins street connection cabinet is only 50yds away from our house.I spoke to virgin Sunday morning they dabbled with it with no effect and they have booked an engineer to call this week.Was faster this morning but during the evenings when the kids are back from school it nose dives again.

0 Kudos

All Replies
gordy66
Up to speed
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

236mbs I got on my pc a android box connected to a 2nd cable was 136mbs WiFi on smartphone 108mbs and 25mbs on the 4g.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Is that wired or wireless 20-40Mbps?

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Thecatshome
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

That's wireless speed,not much better wired but it is more stable and consistent.Can this speed be increased by virgin if they run a test on the line.

0 Kudos
Thecatshome
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Just ran speed test 23.89 recorded on iPad.not very good

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

always test speed using a high spec PC using a wired connection. Wireless can be slow for external factors
0 Kudos
Thecatshome
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I did a wired test yesterday managed 40m I will try it again.May be the chap who is fitting the v6 can do something to improve it.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

you could also post the power levels and network log from the superhub so someone here can see if the levels look good.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

More stable & consistent is the key if you're wanting to stream to/from the box.

I'd suggest taking this question to the Broadband forum as they're better suited to diagnose whether it's signal issues or just high utilisation in your area.

Thecatshome
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help I will do that

0 Kudos