Menu
cjp1
Dialled in
Message 1 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Brand new customers.

I have been looking at new customer deals and it seems there is just a £14.99 fee now for a package including two V6 boxes, have a look at the link:

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles/vip.html

It really is annoying the way these companies offer these great deals to new customers that aren't available to loyal existing customers.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: Brand new customers.

How much did you pay for your TiVo when you joined?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
cjp1
Dialled in
Message 3 of 30
Flag for a moderator

No idea, why do you ask?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 30
Flag for a moderator

The chances are that you didn't. Whereas, having already been a customer when it was released, I didn't get that offer because my V+HD was free when I joined.

That's how all of these companies work, whether it's VM, Sky, BT, Talk Talk, etc... Unless you make a fuss at time of attempting to upgrade, then you get enticing offer when you join, and thereafter it costs.

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
cjp1
Dialled in
Message 5 of 30
Flag for a moderator

My main problem with it is the current TiVo is not fit for purpose, it never has been so if a new model i.e. the V6 becomes available surely the existing customers should be upgraded for free.

I have yet to see anyone post on this forum who is perfectly happy with their TiVo with no issues, they really are dire but I refuse to pay £49.99 to get a usable machine when they go to new customers for free.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure you're going to find many such posts on a Help & Support forum Smiley Wink

For the record, I've only had one problem with a TiVo and it was replaced. Other than that, I haven't had any issues with it at all.

0 Kudos
cjp1
Dialled in
Message 7 of 30
Flag for a moderator

How is it with BBC iPlayer and Netflix?

is it slow and laggy accessing the menus?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Don't use either - I record what I want to watch from the BBC and don't have a Netflix account.

0 Kudos
cjp1
Dialled in
Message 9 of 30
Flag for a moderator

That's probably why you're happy with it then as you're not using it to its full extent.

Try iPlayer and see what happens - not fit for purpose.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Why not use the box for what it's best designed to do and record what you're going to iPlayer for?

I really don't understand the obsession people seem to have for completely eschewing the primary function of the box, in favour of a catch-up service which is fraught with issues for one reason or another.

iPlayer is perhaps a little slower to load than is ideal, but it's still perfectly functional.

0 Kudos