Menu
jet186
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Brand new customers only

After having 2 TiVo boxes fail I contact VM about getting an engineer out VM agent said they could sort out a V6 box for me for one off fee, OK they pass me through to relevant dept No, you can't have that you're not paying enough but theyre offering new customers the same package as me Inc 2 V6 boxes & line rental for phone for £85 for 12 months then rising to £120 for remainder since then I've had another 2 TiVo boxes fail on me is this how you look after loyal customers.Roll on July 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Brand new customers only

you got a deal when you were a new customer and everyone that was already with VM hated that you got a better deal then they are getting. When they signed up they got deals current customers couldn't.

Welcome to the world of business. you are with them in a contract you have to pay. when the contract is up see if they will offer what you want or move somewhere else
0 Kudos
cjp1
Dialled in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi jet186, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with your TiVo® boxes. What sort of issues are you having?

With regards to the V6 box, they are available on the same packages whether you're a new or existing customer. The only difference would be the price. 

As mentioned by apcyberax, you would of had a new promotional offer when you joined. 

Looking at your account, you would need to go up to the next bundle in order to qualify for a V6 box. This would be the Mix TV Package. You can see what that includes here: Mix Bundle You would need to upgrade to the 100mb broadband speed too. 

If you want to get a price, give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they can look in to this for you. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jet186
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, as I'm already on the Full House XL Inc Sports & Movies,Vivid 200 Broadband & Talk more anytime why would I need to upgrade to Mix package ??? Yet Brand new customers are being offered the same as I'm getting + 2 V6 boxes which includes telephone line rental also for 12 months @ £85 rising to £120 yet Virgin want me to pay over that for 1 V6 box customer loyalty counts for nothing 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi jet186, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

Do you by any chance have more than 1 Virgin Media account? 

If you're on the Full house with 200mb broadband then you would be entitled to get a V6 box for £49.95 + £14.99 activation fee. 

It sounds as though you're currently on a legacy package as with Sports and Movies included, it would be classed as a VIP package with 2 boxes too. 

Checking your account for the same package you're on now but upgrading to V6, you'd actually be paying less than a new customer. I've saved the details to your account so if you're interested, give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they can select this option for you Smiley Happy 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jet186
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Before we moved last August we also had a Samsung hd box which we returned o VM after much wrangling they expected me to keep the box even though it was excess to requirements & wasn't our property anyway it got sorted in a fashion I will ring them & see what they say not holding my breath though 

0 Kudos
mixindave
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

lol  £15 activation.  

0 Kudos
gandalf-wiz
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Loyalty counts for nothing anymore, £140+ they wanted me to pay for a v6 box, Im getting to the end of my tether with Virgin, I have been with them for Donkeys years now. But Im not in a contract anymore so Im seriously looking at moving to Sky. 2 Tivo boxes, the first the sound would not sync with the picture and my current box, runs on coal
0 Kudos
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The best way to save money is to switch suppliers every 12 months or end of contract term.

This is the same for just about everything, gas, electric, mobile, broadband, tv, phone line, car insurance etc.

I recently switched to Virgin from Sky and will save just over £400 for the same package in 12 months but at the end of the Virgin contract i'm off again, i always switch suppliers, yes it's a hassle not having broadband for a week and only freeview but the money saved outweighs not having services.

0 Kudos